These Egg Breakfast Muffins are a quick and delicious, on-the-go breakfast made with spinach and Swiss cheese. They’re a healthy, low carb recipe that’s great for meal prepping!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
After cleaning out the fridge last week, I was able to make entirely new meals to save what was left of my fruits and veggies. It seems like there’s always an item or two that ends up spoiling from neglect, but I’ve become so much better at buying just what’s necessary and making meals from leftovers. Buy just what you need so there’s less spoilage. What a concept!
There was a bag of baby spinach that I needed to use up and didn’t want to make a salad (we already had a bunch of salad kits in the fridge). Then, I was thinking about making an omelet. But the idea of breakfast muffins came to me. I love breakfast, but I hate making breakfast in the morning. I want something I can grab and go when I wake up so I can get on with the rest of my day!
Egg Breakfast Muffins with Spinach and Swiss Cheese
These egg breakfast muffins are an easy way to create a new meal out of ingredients that are just sitting in the fridge. They’re also perfect for meal prepping! Add one egg muffin to a container with a side of fruit and you’ve got yourself a quick and healthy breakfast!
Grease a 6-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Then, beat the eggs in a large bowl and add in the cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and spinach (first sauteed in a pan). Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups and bake. So easy!
- 1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. low fat milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 6-count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add spinach to the skillet and cook until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the garlic powder, milk, and Swiss cheese. Stir in the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg mixture among muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set and slightly brown around the edges.
- Allow egg muffins to cool, then remove from pan with a large spoon.
- If not serving immediately, store the egg muffins in an airtight container in the fridge.
Each muffin is approximately 179 calories making them a great, low carb breakfast. They’re easy to reheat in the microwave the next day, too. Just pop them on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 30-45 seconds. The eggs stay nice and fluffy and won’t dry out!
The spinach and Swiss combo is delicious, but the flavor possibilities are endless once you start playing around with ingredients! These egg muffins are an easy, affordable breakfast that everyone will enjoy!
Did you make these Egg Breakfast Muffins with Spinach and Swiss Cheese? Share your pic on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER