This Everything Bagel Monkey Bread is a fun, pull-apart breakfast made with buttery crescent roll dough and stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, and scallions!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
My husband starts his day with a bowl of cereal at home, but takes a second breakfast with him to eat at work. He’s gotten sick of his usual breakfasts like oatmeal or an English muffin, so I’ve been trying to switch things up for him.
He’s a big fan of my Egg Breakfast Muffins and I try to keep the freezer stocked with grab-and-go food he can easily reheat. So when I started thinking about other homemade breakfast options he could take with him, I thought about making a breakfast inspired monkey bread.
I love a good monkey bread, or basically any bread that I can pull apart. This fun-to-eat bread is typically known as a sweet dessert. But over the years, the recipe has been modified to be either sweet or savory. Personally, I love making savory monkey bread recipes!
Since everything seasoning is one of my favorite seasonings in the world, I decided to make an everything bagel inspired monkey bread. This monkey bread is stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, and scallions, brushed with butter, and topped off with everything bagel seasoning!
Everything Bagel Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese
This easy monkey bread recipe starts with crescent roll dough. It gets cut into squares and stuffed with cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped scallions. Brush each stuffed bite with melted butter and add a generous sprinkle of everything seasoning on top. Then, bake it in a bundt pan until it’s golden brown.
The first thing we need to do is roll out our crescent roll dough into one big sheet. Then, use a pizza cutter to easily cut it into 16 squares.
Now, we’re going to take our cream cheese, bacon, and scallions and mix it all together. Once everything is mixed, start spooning it into the middle of the crescent roll dough squares.
Once all of the filling has been spooned onto the dough squares, grab the ends and fold them into the center.
Generously grease a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Before placing the stuffed dough into the bundt pan, brush them with melted butter and give them a good sprinkle of everything seasoning.
Pile the stuffed dough balls into the bundt pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Just make sure you wait a bit for the bread to cool before popping it out of the pan. Once it’s cool, it should come right out!
- 2 - 8 oz. cans of crescent rolls, or crescent roll dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese. softened
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tbsp. everything seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease a bundt pan making sure to cover all sides.
- Open the crescent roll cans and roll the dough into one big sheet. Then, use a pizza cutter to cut 16 squares.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, bacon, and scallions together. Then, add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each crescent roll square and roll the dough into a ball.
- Brush the dough balls with melted butter and dip the dough ball into the everything seasoning. Then, place them in the bundt pan and drizzle the remaining butter on top.
- Bake the monkey bread for 30-35 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and golden brown. Allow the monkey bread to cool for at least 10 minutes after baking.
- Carefully flip the bundt pan over to remove the bread. Then, use a plate to flip the monkey bread once again.
- Serve the bread warm with more chopped scallions and bacon on top, if desired.
Keep your monkey bread wrapped up in the fridge for the week. Monkey bread is best served warm. When you’re ready to reheat it, warm it up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. You can also portion the bread into freezer bags and keep it in the freezer. Then, thaw the bread out and reheat!
Did you make this Everything Bagel Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER