This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Although we’ve turned every single page on the calendar, celebrated birthdays and all of the holidays, a part of me still can’t believe that the year is ending. It’s been a full, pretty great, year and I’ll go on more about that in a couple of days. But today, I wanted to share an easy project that I launched on Darby Smart to get you ready to celebrate the New Year.
We spend so much time decorating for Christmas that the glitz and glamour of New Year’s Eve tends to go by the wayside. So last year I made a glittery number one to display for the first of the year. There was probably glitter everywhere after this, but it was so worth it! This project came out sparkly and so pretty!
- Mod Podge
- Black glitter
- Gold glitter
- Wooden number 1
- Foam brush
- Working one side at a time, apply Mod Podge using a foam brush.
- Next, sprinkle gold glitter over the top of the wooden number.
- Sprinkle black glitter over the bottom of the wooden number.
- Allow Mod Podge and glitter to dry completely before working on a new side.
- Continue until all sides (and probably half of your house!) is covered with glitter and display.