Need a Galentine’s Day idea? Make an easy DIY Lace Clay Bowl that your bestie will love!
Last week, New Jersey was hit with Winter Storm Juno. Juno was due to produce major blizzard conditions and dump a whole lot of snow on us. It didn’t. However, knowing that the storm was approaching, I prepared like any other maker would – I stocked up on craft supplies. I bought a ton of Sculpey to work on clay jewelry designs and a project I had pinned some time ago for lace clay bowls. What’s a gal to do when she’s stuck indoors? Work on her list of DIY projects!
These clay bowls are small in size. They’re perfect to use as a jewelry dish, a place to keep loose change or even to keep things like paperclips at hand in the office. With Valentine’s Day coming up, they’re also a cute, handmade gift to give your favorite Galentine! Make her a pair of earrings or load it up with some candy and you’ve got a great handmade gift!
– 1 package of white Sculpey clay
– Small doily or piece of lace
– Small, glass oven-safe bowl
– Acrylic paint
– Clay glossy glaze
– 2 paintbrushes
1. Roll your clay into a ball, then flatten into a thin disk. Use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten.
2. Using your doily or piece of lace, press it into your clay.
3. Carefully stick your clay into the oven-safe bowl and bake according to the package (15 minutes at 275º, most likely).
4. Allow bowl to cool, then carefully remove from the oven-safe bowl.
5. With the acrylic paint, paint only the lace part of the bowl. Water the paint down to expose more of the lace texture. Allow to dry.
6. Cover the entire bowl with clay glaze. Allow to dry.
7. Gift your bowl to your favorite Galentine this Valentine’s Day!
The lace detail in this bowl is so pretty! Paint the lace detail red for Valentine’s Day or in your Galentine’s favorite color. She’ll love it!