This DIY Geometric Beaded Necklace is minimal and modern made with geometric wooden beads that you can paint in your favorite color combo!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
If you’re a blogger, then you’re familiar with the never-ending list of goals and things to do. This summer, I’ve definitely created quite a few goals for myself, as a blogger, and Living La Vida Holoka. What people don’t seem to realize is how much work actually goes into running a blog – especially if you want to make money! It’s so much more than just taking pretty pictures and writing up a post. I’m sure a lot of us wish it was that easy!
Truth be told, a lot of it is a big pain in the ass. Websites go down, security issues happen, and sometimes you get a little too curious about code and end up locking yourself out of your own website. Yeah. I’ve totally done that! If you want to be your own dot com, it comes with a price, a lot time, and commitment, too. That’s why I’m trying to get myself a lot more organized this summer so I can work on my blog more efficiently.
I want to work out some website kinks, brush up on the backend of website development, and update a few of my pages. But one of my major blogging goals for the summer is to give a few of my older DIY projects a bit of a facelift – or, in this case, a fresh coat of paint!
During my days as a Darby Designer, this DIY Geometric Beaded Necklace was one of my most popular DIY kits! When people purchased the kit, they got everything they needed to create their own painted necklace. And I absolutely loved when their shared their necklace creations with me!
I’m no longer a Darby Designer, but you can still make this easy jewelry project! I got most of the supplies needed to make this necklace on Amazon. You’ll need geometric wooden beads, acrylic paint in colors of your choosing, small paintbrushes, gold jewelry findings, and pliers.
- 5 unfinished geometric wooden beads
- Acrylic paint in various colors
- Small paintbrushes
- 1.8 m gold chain
- 2 gold jump rings
- Gold clasp
- Paint your wooden beads. Use different colors for each bead and allow paint to dry between coats (you may need to use 2-3 coats depending on the paint you use).
- Measure chain to your desired length.
- String the painted beads onto the chain.
- Then, open a jump ring with pliers and add it to one side of the chain.
- Repeat with the other side of the chain.
- Before closing the jump rings, attach your clasp to each side. Close jump rings to secure the clasp.
- Make your friends jealous and wear your awesome, new necklace!
I absolutely adore this necklace! I painted my beads in breezy, summery colors, but it will be fun to wear all year long! Want to share your necklace creation with me? Make sure to tag me @lavidaholoka with the hashtag #livinglavidadiy! What color combo will you paint your necklace?
PIN FOR LATER