Turn one of your summer beach finds into a new piece of jewelry you can wear all year with this easy DIY Gold Seashell Necklace project!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
So you know when Ariel gets her voice stolen in Disney’s The Little Mermaid and Vanessa (AKA Ursula in disguise) keeps it locked away in a seashell necklace? I’ve kind of always loved that necklace. What girl doesn’t want a magical seashell that glows and makes you sing like a beautiful mermaid?
If you’ve seen most of my Darby Smart projects then you know that I love painting things gold. I also love to make my own jewelry and use natural elements in my crafts. With summer ending (admit it, it’s on its way out!), I thought I’d give my jewelry collection one more summer piece by making a gold seashell necklace.
Okay. So maybe this seashell necklace won’t make me sing like a mermaid, but at least I can feel like one while wearing it. Just about any seashell will work for this necklace as long as it’s not too big. This easy project is a great way to turn one of your summer beach finds into a pretty, new piece of jewelry you can rock all year long!
- Gold metallic paint marker
- Rubber gloves, to protect your hands while painting
- 2.3mm gold cable chain
- Gold jump rings
- Lobster clasps
- Flat nose pliers
- Gold jewelry bails
- Super glue
- Put on your gloves and paint one side of your seashell with gold marker. Allow the paint to dry, then paint the other side of the seashell.
- Once the shell is completely dry, glue a jewelry bail to the back.
- Measure your chain to your desired length. Then, add a gold jump ring to each end of the chain.
- Before closing the jump rings, attach your lobster clasp to each side. Close jump rings to secure the clasp.
- Rock your new beachy bauble like the fierce mermaid you are!
I love the way my necklace turned out! Not only is it mermaid-inspired, but it allows me to carry a part of summer through the fall and winter months. If you make your own gold seashell necklace, share it with the hashtag #livinglavidadiy and tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER