This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
This Chocolate Hazelnut & Strawberry Grilled Dessert Pizza is topped with chocolate hazelnut spread, fresh strawberries, chopped hazelnuts, and mint! It’s sure to become your new favorite summertime dessert!
It’s officially grilled pizza season again and our Friday night pizza nights have made a comeback! This year, we plan on laying off the heavier sauces and cheeses and opting for lighter pizzas (like this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza). But pizza night is back, baby! It’s time to fire up the charcoal grill and make good use out of our outdoor cooking station!
We’ve been grilling our pizzas outside during the summer for years now. When our garden is bursting with herbs, tomatoes, and peppers, the topping combinations become endless for us! But one thing I really wanted to try was a grilled dessert pizza made with chocolate hazelnut spread and strawberries.
I had some pizza dough to use up in our freezer. My sister and I had grilled pizza for lunch one day. I decided to experiment with the other and made an incredibly delicious dessert pizza that will make an amazing summer dessert!
Just like making traditional pizza on the grill, I stretched and oiled the dough first. Then, I heated the grill to medium and placed the oiled dough on the grates. You’ll know when it’s time to flip when the dough bubbles and you get nice grill marks.
The perfect grilled dessert pizza for pizza night!
Flip your dough and continue cooking. Now, if you were making a traditional grilled pizza, this is where you would add your sauce, cheese, and toppings. But since we’re making a dessert pizza, we’re going to add everything right before we slice and serve it.
Instead of sauce, I spread chocolate hazelnut spread on the dough. Then, I topped it with sliced strawberries, chopped hazelnuts, fresh mint, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
It’s entirely optional, but I also sprinkled the warm dough with Flavor God’s Buttery Cinnamon Roll seasoning (you could also use cinnamon sugar). It kind of made the crust taste like a doughnut!
- 1 store bought pizza dough, brought to room temperature and cut into two pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2-3 tbsp. chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Optional: cinnamon sugar seasoning, powdered sugar
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Stretch the dough (it doesn't need to be a perfect circle) and brush each side with oil.
- Place the dough on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the dough begins to bubble and you have nice grill marks.
- Flip the dough and continue cooking the other side. When the dough is fully cooked, remove from heat.
- If desired, sprinkle the warm dough with cinnamon sugar. Then, spread each piece of dough with chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Follow with the sliced strawberries, chopped hazelnuts, and fresh mint.
- Finish the dessert pizza with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut the pizza into slices and serve immediately.
This dessert pizza is best when it’s enjoyed the same day. Serve it with a nice rosé for a delicious outdoor brunch or romantic evening on the patio! If you really want to get extra with this recipe, add a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top!
PIN FOR LATER