This Halloween crow wreath is an easy DIY made with black feathers, creepy crows, and a black and white striped bow. It’s a spooky nod to Schitt’s Creek and The Crows Have Eyes 3!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
When you think of Halloween, you probably don’t think of Schitt’s Creek. Maybe some fantastic Rose family inspired costumes, but not so much when it comes to Halloween decorations. Right?
Well, I went to the craft store and got inspired to make a new Halloween wreath for our front door. My idea was originally inspired by Beetlejuice, but my vision wasn’t coming together the way I wanted it to. I changed things up and was ultimately inspired by the black and white ribbon I had bought.
Enter Moira Rose.
Oh, that stylish mother full of quips and panache! You might have noticed that the majority of Moira Rose’s outfits are black and white (it’s rumored that’s inspired by her role in Beetlejuice).
So using the black and white ribbon and Moira Rose’s The Crows Have Eyes 3 horror movie as inspiration, I created a Schitt’s Creek inspired Halloween crow wreath!
Schitt’s Creek Inspired Halloween Crow Wreath
“The crows have eyes. And you better not look them in it.” This wreath might not immediately scream Schitt’s Creek to you. But it’s a fun way to celebrate the show for Halloween and a spooky glam Halloween decoration for your front door!
I started this wreath with a black grapevine wreath base. If you can’t find a black grapevine wreath, you can spray paint a natural grapevine wreath. Using my hot glue gun, I glued black feathers all around the wreath.
Once the feathers were in place, I glued a couple of faux crows to the wreath. I found four inch crows on Amazon that were the perfect size for decorating a wreath! Then, I tucked small handfuls of Spanish moss around the wreath and glued them in place.
I cut a strip of black and white striped ribbon and tied it onto the wreath. Then, I just tied a simple bow. No need to glue it in place, but you can if you want to make it extra secure.
If you want to add some extra special touches to this Schitt’s Creek inspired wreath, you could print a picture of Dr. Clara Mandrake on cardstock and stick her somewhere in the wreath.
And if you like the look of a lighted wreath at night, you could also wrap Halloween string lights around it. Now all that’s left to do is hang it up on the front door!
- Black grapevine wreath
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Black marabou feathers (I used about three .21 oz bags)
- 4″ faux crows
- Spanish moss
- 1.5″ grosgrain black and white striped ribbon
- Optional: Halloween string lights, Dr. Clara Mandrake printed image
- Heat a hot glue gun. Once the glue gun is ready, begin to glue the black feathers all around the wreath, making sure to place them in the same direction.
- Once the feathers are in place, glue the crows onto the wreath.
- Then, tuck small handfuls of Spanish moss in different places around the wreath. Carefully glue them into place.
- Cut a strip of the black and white striped ribbon and tie it onto the wreath. Then, tie it into a simple bow and trim the ends.
- If desired, place a printout of Dr. Clara Mandrake onto the wreath and wrap the wreath in Halloween string lights.
- Use a wreath hanger or ribbon to display the wreath on your front door!
Whether you’re a fan of Schitt’s Creek or just like decorating with crows, this easy wreath project will add a spooky touch to your front door and caw-caw-cause a stir on Halloween!
Did you make this Schitt’s Creek Inspired Halloween Crow Wreath project? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER