I was provided product samples free of charge from Oriental Trading in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was provided for this post.
Once upon a time, our parents used to tell us not to play with our food. As an adult, Halloween has completely changed those rules around for me! If there’s one thing I love about Halloween, it’s how you can bring out the creepier side of cooking and crafts with just a few spooky touches.
An ordinary taco bake can be turned into a mummified masterpiece. A pumpkin drizzle and Halloween sprinkles can turn a bag of popped popcorn into a sweet Halloween treat. And today, I’m turning everyone’s favorite sandwich cookie into a monstrously delicious cookie pop!
It pretty much goes without saying that if you dip something in chocolate, it’s bound to be good! The first step in making these creepy cookie pops is to dip Oreo cookies into black candy melts. Then, insert a cake pop stick and pop a gummy eyeball on top to complete your spooky monster eyes! In just a few easy steps, you have a perfect Halloween treat for kids or kids at heart!
- Oreo cookies
- Black chocolate candy melts
- Gummy eyeballs
- Halloween cake pop sticks
- Wax paper
- Melt candy melts in the microwave according to package. Stir until smooth.
- Carefully dip Oreos into the chocolate making sure they're completely covered.
- Place on wax paper and, working quickly, add a gummy eyeball and carefully insert a cake pop stick into the middle of the cookie.
- Allow chocolate to harden completely on wax paper before serving.
Are you looking for more Halloween inspiration? Head to Oriental Trading for costumes, candy, craft items, and more! You can find the gummy eyeballs, spiderweb tablecloth, and napkins used in this post on Oriental Trading’s website.
PIN FOR LATER