This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
This Mummified Mozzarella Halloween Pan Pizza isn’t scary at all! In fact, it’s so easy to make, you can whip it up as a last minute meal for Halloween!
I feel like such a slacker. By this time last year, I had a slew of Halloween posts published or, at least, scheduled to post. This year, I’m just getting around to it! It’s so unlike me. Especially because Halloween is one of my most favorite times of year. It’s a time when, no matter how old you are, you can get a bit playful. It’s the only time of year when, for me, it’s fun to get a little scared!
That playful side of the Halloween season inspires so many fun DIY projects and recipes. It’s such a great time to get creative and turn regular dishes into something spooktacular! So today, I thought I’d share a super easy, creepy cute, and really delicious recipe. Because it’s pizza. And who doesn’t love pizza?!
Ever since summer ended, our Friday pizza night has gone back indoors. My husband is back to his bowling league, which means I take charge of pizza night. Instead of my husband grilling our pizza, it gets bake it inside in the oven. Last year, we discovered how good our pizza turned out in a 9 x 13 brownie pan. Yup! A brownie pan!
I drizzle the pan will a generous amount of oil, coat it evenly in the pan, stretch the dough, top it, and bake! The crust turns out crunchy every single time and gets nice and golden brown on the outside. The dough stays airy on the inside, giving you that perfect bite of pizza! So easy!
For Halloween, I wanted to put a monstrous mozzarella twist on our pan pizza. So I made a double cheese, mummified pan pie. The mummy eyes are made out of pepperoni and olive slices and a double layer of sliced mozzarella gives it its bandaged look!
If you like extra cheese on your pizza, this pie is definitely for you! I was almost a little sad to cut this pizza into squares, but I couldn’t resist all of that mozzarella goodness! This pizza is perfect for a kid’s Halloween party or a spooky movie marathon!
- 1 store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 lb. sliced mozzarella
- Approximately 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 2 sliced pepperonis
- 2 sliced black olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wipe a 9x13 brownie pan with a generous amount of olive oil (just enough to cover the bottom and sides).
- Stretch the pizza dough, corner to corner, into the pan. Top with pizza sauce.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the mozzarella slices into strips. Layer half of the strips onto the pizza in a criss-cross fashion.
- Then, add two pepperoni slices and two olive slices for eyes.
- Bake the pizza for 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Turn off the oven and remove the pizza. Layer the other half of the mozzarella strips on top and stick the pizza into the oven with the heat off.
- Let the pizza stay in the oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- Remove immediately and serve.
Tip: If using frozen dough, take it out of the freezer a day or two ahead of time and let it thaw in the fridge. The day you make your pizza, let it sit out on the counter and rise. The dough will be easy to stretch and will be nice and airy when cooked.
This pizza is so easy make, it’s almost scary! We like our pie on the plain side, but if you want to add more pepperoni to it, I’d top your layer of sauce with slices before covering it with cheese. Hosting an adults only Halloween bash? Serve this pan pizza with my Dragon Berry Dragon’s Blood Cocktail!
PIN FOR LATER