This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Make these Shark Pun Wine Glasses for your Shark Week watch-a-thon! This easy Cricut project features “punny” shark phrases and simple shark silhouettes.
Now that you’ve got your Shark Week Watch Party Essentials, it’s time to sit back and watch some truly fascinating and frightening TV! Maybe that’s the thing that I really enjoy about Shark Week. It’s a glimpse into the depths of the ocean and you never really know when the sharks will swim up from below and attack.
Come to think of it, I’ve never been much of a fan of swimming in the ocean. And especially now that shark sightings have become way more frequent along the Jersey shore! No thanks! I’ll stay on dry land. In fact, I’ll safely enjoy watching these beautiful, stealthy, and unpredictable animals from the comfort of my couch!
Before this terrifying week of shark attacks and up-close-and-personal encounters begins, I made a simple wine glass project using my Cricut Explore Air 2 perfect for Shark Week watch-a-thons. The first glass I made was this “Stop! Hammer time!” glass.
I uploaded a hammerhead shark silhouette into Design Space and sized it to fit my wine glass. Then, I used the Marker Felt font to create my text in all caps. I cut the design on holographic vinyl (it reminded me of ocean water) and placed it on my glass.
For the other glass, I followed the same steps. But this time, I uploaded a Great White shark silhouette into Design Space. Then, I used the Cricut font, Sweet Dreams, to create my text. And that’s it!
Follow the steps below to make your own Shark Pun Wine Glasses!
- Create your text in Design Space and cut the vinyl.
- Remove the extra vinyl from the design. Then, cut a piece of transfer tape to size.
- Remove the backing from the transfer tape and lay it over your design. Use a spatula or brayer to rub the tape down onto the design.
- Carefully lift the transfer tape off of the design. It should easily come off. If it doesn’t, you can help it along by lifting a corner of the letter.
- Once the design has been lifted onto the tape, position it over the glass and once again use the spatula to rub the vinyl, ensuring the design is flat and rid of any air bubbles.
- Peel the transfer tape off of the glass and fill it up with your favorite beverage!
Want some more shark puns and phrases? Check these out!
- Great White wine (Great White)
- Stop! Hammer time! (Hammerhead)
- Let’s get hammered! (Hammerhead)
- Mako me tipsy! (Mako shark)
- Totally jawesome!
- Wine with a bite
- Jaw ready for this?
- A nice fin wine
- Drink like a fish
- You’re gonna need a bigger glass (Jaws)
PIN FOR LATER
If you like this Shark Week idea, you might enjoy these as well: