This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
I can hardly believe it, but we’ve reached my last Christmas post of the year! Just like years before, there were so many projects and recipes that I wanted to make, but so little time to fit it all in! Like I keep telling myself, “There’s always next year!” To be honest, I don’t even remember how this project came to mind. The idea popped into my head during the middle of last week. I immediately ordered supplies so I could squeeze in one last project before Christmas!
I love my Instax Mini 8 camera, but I haven’t gotten much use out of it. That’s until I decided to load it with film for the holidays! Christmas is always such a great time of year to take new family photos. Whether you’re gathered around the tree or surrounded by torn up Christmas wrappings, there are so many new memories to be captured and shared year after year.
As fun as it is to shoot with the Instax Mini camera, I don’t always know what to do with my mini photos. I’ve made magnets with them before, but I decided to make something even more fun for the holidays! So I turned some of my photos into ornaments to hang on the tree.
- Instax Mini 8 camera
- Fuji Instax Shiny Star Instant Mini Film
- Foam board
- 12″x 12″ holographic cardstock
- Hole punch
- Craft knife
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Adhesive glitter alphabet stickers
- Baker’s twine
- Start snapping some fun holiday photos to use for your ornaments.
- Next, cut a piece of foam board and holographic cardstock to the size of the photo.
- Hole punch the photo and holographic cardstock together so that the holes line up.
- Add Mod Podge to one side of the foam board. Glue the photo down onto it.
- Add Mod Podge to the other side of the foam board. Glue the cardstock onto it.
- Using a craft knife, carefully cut a hole through the foam board.
- Add festive words to your photos using adhesive glitter alphabet stickers.
- Loop baker’s twine through the hole in the photo and hang your new ornament!
I cannot wait to take my Instax Mini camera to our holiday festivities and make new ornaments for next year! There’s nothing like creating Christmas memories over too many holiday goodies, unexpected Christmas surprises, and lots of family fun and laughter!
This will be my last post before Christmas. I hope you soak in every last bit of this wondrous season before the New Year arrives and create a ton of new memories (with or without a camera in hand)! I’m wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas filled with joy and happiness! Happy holidays!
PIN FOR LATER