Throwback to the 80’s with this fun instant photo DIY project and turn Instax Mini photos into magnets to hang on your fridge!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was spent with warm thoughts (or warm blankets) as Spring seems to have forgotten New Jersey, as well as many other states across the country! We were lucky enough not to get any snow, but it was still as cold as a Winter day! But I did get to drag my husband out with me to Walmart and Home Depot to do a little shopping and managed to pick up some pretty flowers to make it seem a little more Spring-like around here!
Anyway, remember the surprise party we threw for my mother’s birthday a few weeks ago? While we were planning, my brother and I discussed getting an Instax Mini camera to use to take pictures and turn them into a keepsake album for our mom. I had been toying with the idea of getting an Instax Mini for a while, so I jumped on it and got a great deal on a bundle! It was a great addition to the party and it was fun to flip through the photos of guests!
After the party, I had a couple film cartridges left to use. I took some photos of my dog, of course, and then decided to take my camera with me to my parents’ house one day while my niece was over coloring eggs for Easter. So today, I am sharing a DIY project I found on Darby Smart that turns these fun, instant photos into magnets for your fridge or locker!
- Instax Mini 8 + film
- Foam board
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Craft knife
- Sharpie marker
- Diamond Glaze
- Self-adhesive round magnets
- Take some fun pictures with your Instax Mini camera. Wait for them to develop or shake it like a…well, you know.
- Apply Mod Podge to the foam board using a foam brush and glue down photos onto the board.
- Allow Mod Podge to dry, then cut out photos using a craft knife.
- If desired, use a Sharpie marker to write messages on the photos.
- Then, apply Diamond Glaze over the entire photo surface. Allow to dry overnight.
- Add magnets to the back of each photo and display on your fridge!
I don’t know if I had more fun taking these pictures or making these magnets. It reminded me of the Polaroid camera I had when I was younger. It’s such a cool throwback to the 80’s! I definitely need to stock up on some more film!