My Famous Italian Pasta Salad recipe is such a hit that your family will be asking for it all year ’round!
It’s that time of year again when the answer to my question, “What can I bring?” to family gatherings always seems to be PASTA SALAD! Actually, this recipe is requested all year ’round. It’s just that good! Even the kids in the family like it! I now joke that I’m not allowed to walk in the door to certain family homes unless I’m carrying a big bowl of pasta salad with me. My recipe is super easy, but everyone swears that I make it the best!
So this past Easter weekend, of course I made a big batch of pasta salad to split between both families. I had ingredients left over, so I made another batch for our house at the beginning of the week. This pasta salad recipe makes a ton, so we enjoy it all week long as lunch or a side dish with dinner!
This pasta salad recipe is also perfect for spring and summer backyard gatherings! I don’t really have exact measurements for some of the ingredients in this pasta salad. I have made it so many times that I eyeball a lot of the ingredients now. If they look like they’re evenly distributed throughout the pasta salad, I’m happy. I know the rest of the family will be, too!
- 1 box tri-color pasta
- 1 bottle of zesty Italian dressing (or favorite Italian dressing of your choice)
- 1 wedge of sharp provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 stick of pepperoni, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can large black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers, chopped
- Large handful of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Make pasta according to package.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside to cool completely.
- Add your chopped ingredients to a large bowl and set aside.
- Once pasta is cool, combine with chopped ingredients.
- Add bottle of Italian dressing and stir well to coat.
- Store pasta salad in a sealed container in the fridge until serving.
Even though this pasta salad is delicious the day it’s made, I always try to make it a day ahead of time. That way all of the ingredients can sit in the dressing and really soak up flavor! It lasts a while in a sealed container in the fridge. If the pasta soaks up a little too much dressing, just add more! I promise you, you’re family is going to ask for this dish again and again!