This Lavender Lemon Tea Bread is a perfect springtime treat! It has a subtle hint of lavender and touch of bright lemon flavor. Enjoy it toasted with a cup of tea!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Holidays have been weird over the past year. We didn’t do much for – well, any holiday. We missed birthdays, skipped celebrations, and any celebrations that did happen were held outside and socially distanced. Last Mother’s Day, I still wasn’t comfortable going to the store. So I ordered cookies from Panera, made the moms blueberry muffins, and I brought both of them flowers. I don’t remember where I got them from, but they might’ve been from our garden!
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from last year, it’s been how to make the most of what we have. I’ve become much more resourceful. Heading into Mother’s Day this year, I’m once again thinking about making some homemade gifts. I’ve always loved the combination of lemons and lavender. In fact, I love it so much that I made it part of our wedding reception theme!
The combo not only makes for a pretty reception theme. It makes a delicious loaf of tea bread, as well! This cake-like bread has just the right amount of lemon and lavender flavor. It’s a combination that would be perfect to serve on Mother’s Day or bring to mom as a homemade gift (perhaps along with a nice tin of tea)!
Lavender Lemon Tea Bread
If you want to make a nice homemade gift for mom, make her this Lavender Lemon Tea Bread. The lavender gives it a subtle floral note, while the lemon brings a bright, citrus flavor. It would make a delightful bread for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Prepare a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then, start chopping up your lavender. Whisk the lavender, flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, add lemon juice and zest together.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat just until the eggs are combined.
Gradually add in the flour. Then, add the lemon juice and zest.
Add the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake it for about an hour.
When the loaf is cool, pop it out of the pan and finish it off with sifted powdered sugar, if desired.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried culinary grade lavender
- 1 stick of butter + 1 tsp., brought to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- Juice of 1 small lemon + zest
- Optional: powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop the lavender finely and whisk it together with the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and zest together.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fully, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat about on medium after each addition, just until the eggs are just blended in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until incorporated. Then, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- Allow the loaf to cool, then remove from the pan. Sift powdered sugar over the top of the loaf, if desired, and slice.
This bread is perfect toasted with a little butter and enjoyed with a hot cup of tea. Both the lavender and lemon flavors aren’t too overpowering. They work perfectly together to make a sweet little tea bread!
Did you make this Lavender Lemon Tea Bread recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER