This Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Cake starts with a box of yellow cake mix and lots of lemon flavor. It’s a perfect dessert for all of your springtime celebrations!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I got the urge to bake the other day. I’ve had a lemon cream cheese cake recipe staring me in the face ever since I turned the page on my Betty Crocker calendar to April. Thankfully, it was easy to satisfy my baking urge! This bundt cake starts with a box of yellow cake mix, so I was able to whip up this bright and lemony cake in no time!
I have to admit that I do most of my baking for my husband. He has a sweet-tooth big enough for the both of us! I’m not much of a “sweets” eater, but I do love lemon and citrus flavors. Lemon desserts, like this cake, definitely get my sweet-tooth going!
Thankfully, my husband has done a pretty good job of hiding the evidence that this cake ever existed (as well as generously sharing half of it with my in-laws). However, I already have another box of yellow cake mix in the cabinet. So I’m sure I’ll be making this bundt cake again soon!
Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Cake
Cream cheese and lemon juice are added to yellow cake mix to create bright flavors perfect for springtime celebrations. This cake is moist, light and easy to make in one bowl. A lemon glaze gets drizzled on top for one final sweet touch!
Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Then, place the cake in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
Now, even though the house is going to smell like an incredible lemony dessert, be patient! Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before ever-so-carefully removing it from the bundt pan. Allow the cake to continue to cool completely.
Once the cake is cool, we’re going to add a drizzle of lemon glaze on top. In a small bowl, mix confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice together. Then, use a spoon to drizzle the glaze on top.
Allow the glaze to set, then serve!
Recipe adapted from BettyCrocker.com.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Grated lemon peel from 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat all of the ingredients together until completely combined and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Then, carefully remove from pan and place on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Allow cake to cool completely for about an hour longer.
- Beat the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice together until a thick glaze has formed.
- Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over top of the cake.
- Allow the glaze to set, then serve.
Not a fan of glaze? Serve this cake with powdered sugar on top instead!
This cake is so easy and full of lemon flavor that it’s a perfect dessert for spring and summertime! If you’re already thinking about Mother’s Day, Mom would probably love this cake for her special celebration!
Did you make this Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Cake recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER