This easy Lemon Cream Cheese Cake recipe is a perfect dessert for all of your Springtime celebrations!
The other day, I got the urge to bake. A Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake recipe has been staring us in the face ever since I turned my Betty Crocker calendar to April. Being that this is a cake mix recipe, I was able to whip this bundt cake up in no time!
Cream cheese and lemon juice are added to yellow cake mix to create bright flavors perfect for Springtime celebrations. This cake is moist, light and easy to make in one bowl. A lemon glaze gets drizzled on top for a pretty final touch!
- - yellow cake mix
- - 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- - 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- - grated lemon peel from 2 large lemons
- - juice of 1 large lemon
- - 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375º and spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients together until completely combined and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Allow cake to cool completely for about an hour.
- Serve with powdered sugar on top or drizzle lemon glaze (in notes below) over cake.
- To make lemon glaze, beat 2 cups of confectioner's sugar and juice from 1 lemon until a thick glaze has formed.
- Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over top of the cake.
I have to admit that I usually bake for my husband. He has a sweet-tooth big enough for the both of us! I’m not much of a “sweets” eater, but I do love lemon and citrus flavors. Thankfully, my husband has done a pretty good job of hiding evidence that this cake ever existed (as well as generously sharing half of it with my in-laws). However, I already have another box of yellow cake mix in the cabinet so I’m sure I’ll be making this bundt cake again soon.
This cake is so easy and so lemony that it’s a perfect dessert for Spring and Summertime! If you’re already thinking about Mother’s Day, Mom would probably love this cake for her special day! Enjoy!