This Lemon Feta Chicken Bake is made with juicy boneless chicken breasts that are topped with a medley of fresh flavors like lemon, feta cheese, bell peppers, and herbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I try to cook something different each week so I can spread out recipes and use up ingredients in our fridge. The feta chicken bake I made last week went over really well, so we had it again last night. There’s only a handful of ingredients in this recipe and it basically takes no time at all to put together. It’s an easy meal to make for two!
I only used two chicken breasts to make this dish, but this can easily be doubled (or tripled!) for a bigger crowd. The chicken stays juicy as it bakes and it soaks up all of that lemon, feta, herby goodness that’s happening! It’s a light and flavorful dish that’s sure to become a repeat addition to your meal menu, too!
This dish gets all of its flavor from a medley of Mediterranean inspired ingredients like lemon, feta cheese, bell pepper, and herbs. This time of year, I love using the fresh herbs I’ve planted. So I picked fresh parsley and fresh oregano right from our backyard to use in this recipe.
Fresh parsley adds a nice touch of “green” flavor. And if you’ve never had fresh oregano, you’re missing out! It’s peppery with the slightest hint of mint that works really well in Mediterranean inspired dishes like this one.
Lemon Feta Chicken Bake
All you need is a baking dish to whip up this easy and delicious Lemon Feta Chicken Bake! Everything goes right into the baking dish and then into the oven. And in under an hour, dinner’s ready to eat!
The first thing we need to do is prep our chicken. So trim any excess fat off of the chicken breasts and place them in a small baking dish that’s been prepared with olive oil. Then, season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
Now, we’re going to squeeze half of a lemon over the chicken. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese, chopped red bell pepper, fresh parsley, and fresh oregano on top. Squeeze the other half of the lemon over the chicken.
Bake the chicken until it’s completely cooked through. Then, serve with some more fresh parsley, oregano, and crumbled feta cheese on top, if desired.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. - 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided in half
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Optional: additional fresh parsley, oregano, and crumbled feta cheese for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe a small baking dish with olive oil.
- Trim excess fat off the chicken and place in the baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Drizzle with half of the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese, bell pepper, parsley, and oregano over the top of the chicken. Drizzle the rest of the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Garnish with more fresh parsley, oregano, and crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
The ingredients – and the recipe – are simple, but trust me when I say that it’s so good! Serve this dish with a nice green salad for a light and healthy dinner.
Did you make this Lemon Feta Chicken Bake recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER