This Lemon Spaghetti with Salmon is made with flakey salmon filets and a bright and flavorful lemon sauce. It’s a light pasta dish that’s perfect for spring and summer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Just because the days are getting warmer, it doesn’t mean you have to tuck that box of pasta back into the kitchen cabinet. In fact, there are plenty of ways to dress up a plate of spaghetti and turn it into a light spring or summertime dish. You can make a fresh tomato sauce or – my new favorite – toss spaghetti with a bright and flavorful lemon sauce.
While you can serve a plate of lemon spaghetti as a delicious side dish, I like to make an easy entrée out of it by adding salmon. Salmon has become one of my favorite types of fish to eat. It’s mild in flavor, so good for you, and can be cooked in various ways.
How to Cook Salmon
If you’ve never made salmon before, it’s super easy! You can cook it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place it in a greased baking dish. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakey.
If you don’t want to turn the oven on during those hot and steamy summer days, salmon can be pan fried in a skillet. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the salmon filets for 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked through and flakey.
Another easy way to cook salmon is in the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees. Place the salmon in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-9 minutes. Check to see if the fish is cooked through. If not, air fry for another couple minutes.
Lemon Spaghetti with Salmon
For this recipe, I cooked the salmon in the oven. Then, I used a fork to cut it into chunks and tossed it with spaghetti in a simple lemon sauce. Before serving, I garnished the spaghetti with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
The first thing we’re going to do is make our salmon. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking dish. Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper, place them in the dish.
Cook the salmon for 15 minutes, or until it’s cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Use a fork to cut the salmon into chunks.
Next, we’re going to make the spaghetti. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Then, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
Then, add the spaghetti back to the pot. Toss with a little bit of olive oil and keep warm.
Now we can make the lemon sauce. Mix the 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Add the lemon sauce, Parmesan cheese, basil, salmon, and a little of the pasta water, if desired, to the spaghetti and toss to combine.
Garnish the spaghetti with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- 2 - 5 oz. skinless salmon filets
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place in the baking dish.
- Cook the salmon for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and flakey.
- Once cooked, use a fork to cut the salmon into chunks.
- While the salmon is cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the spaghetti for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and save 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti back to the pot after draining. Toss with a little olive oil and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Then, add the lemon sauce, Parmesan cheese, basil, salmon, and a little of the pasta water, if desired, to the spaghetti. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Enjoy this lemon spaghetti and salmon dish with a glass of white wine, some crusty Italian bread, or a side salad. It’s a light and lemony dish that’ll will satisfy your craving for pasta during the spring and summer!
Did you make this Lemon Spaghetti with Salmon recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER