It would be evil not to make these Magnificent Maleficent Ham and Cheese Horns while you watch Disney’s “Descendants!”
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Disney #VillainDescendants #CollectiveBias
No matter what age you are, we all seem to have our favorite Disney movies and characters. Perhaps as an adult you’ve passed your favorite movies onto your kids, nieces, or nephews. Maybe you just love catching your favorite Disney movie on TV. What about your favorite Disney villain? Do you have one?
I have a big love for Disney villains! When I heard about The Disney Channel Original Movie, “Descendants,” I was extremely excited to catch up with my favorite villain, Maleficent! So sometimes she gets a little bit angry and turns into a dragon. You would feel a little burned, too, if you weren’t invited to the biggest event in the kingdom!
In “Disney’s Descendants,” Maleficent is played by super talented Kristin Chenoweth. Maleficent, along with the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, and Jafar, now have children who also seem set in their wicked ways. That’s until the kids are transported from the Isle of the Lost – where all villains were banished – to attend prep school in the Kingdom of Auradon. The villainous kids struggle to fulfill their parents’ wishes to take over the kingdom. Eventually they realize that they’re not-so-wicked after all!
Since I was super excited for this movie, I picked up the “Descendants” DVD, as well as the soundtrack. I planned on watching the movie that afternoon during lunch. I love a theme, so I got pretty creative with my lunch. I decided to make a Maleficent-inspired take on a ham and cheese sandwich using refrigerated pizza dough and deli items.
- Paper cups, or paper cone cups
- Aluminum foil
- Popover tin, or deep muffin tin
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Deli ham slices
- Muenster cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Take a paper cup or cone and wrap a piece of aluminum foil around it. Make sure to cover the inside as well. If using a paper cup, create a pointed tip at the bottom.
- Unroll refrigerated pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to stretch the dough until it's thin.
- Take your foil-wrapped cup and lay it onto a corner of the dough. Cut around the cup.
- Take your cut piece of dough and wrap it around the cup. Continue with a second cup or until you're out of dough.
- Place dough-wrapped cups into a popover or muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow cones to cool, then remove from foil cups. Place cones back into tin.
- Place 1-2 slices of deli ham inside of the cone and lay a slice of cheese on top (you may have to fold cheese in half).
- Bake again for 8 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and cones are golden brown.
- Allow cones to cool slightly before eating.
These “Maleficent Horns” are a fancier version of ham and cheese, baked inside a delicious, dough cone. Their easy-to-hold cone shape will make them fun for kids, too! I used regular deli ham slices and sliced Muenster cheese. Not only is it one of my favorite cheeses, it kind of sounds like “monster!” I found that I didn’t need to add anything to enhance the flavor of these cones. If you like to dip, I would suggest honey mustard or even a savory tomato sauce.
Head to Walmart to find the “Descendants” DVD and soundtrack. The DVD even comes with an exclusive bracelet so you can show off your wicked side! I really enjoyed this movie, the concept behind it, the colorful costumes, and catchy soundtrack! These ham and cheese “horns” were definitely a tasty Maleficent-inspired eat to enjoy during the movie, as well! Enjoy!