I cannot begin to tell you how much meal prepping has made life easier for me. Since I started meal prepping a few weeks ago, I’ve cut down on grocery costs, reduced food waste amounts, given myself healthier meal options, and I’ve even shed a few pounds because of it!
I keep joking that if I continue to eat chicken like I’ve been doing, I’m going to start sprouting feathers. But seriously – one of the easiest foods to prepare for the week is a rotisserie chicken. So today I wanted to share some tips to help you meal prep. I am also sharing an easy recipe for chicken burrito bowls.
START ON SUNDAY
Sunday is a great day for planning. I plan my entire week on Sunday. From looking over my upcoming blog schedule to planning my weekly menu, it’s all done on Sunday! So when you have a spare moment over the weekend, figure out your meal plan for the week. Write down what you have in your freezer and in your fridge. Check out Pinterest for meal prepping ideas and start a shopping list.
GRAB SOME CONTAINERS
While I was running errands at Walmart with my husband over the weekend, I came across Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers. These containers are perfect for meal prepping! The cashier at checkout was equally amazed to discover these containers! They’re made with plant-based fibers making them a great alternative to plastic! These containers are also microwaveable and can be tossed in the trash when you’re done eating! You know what that means – easy clean up!
These containers are the perfect size for a one-person portion. I made sure to pick up two sets of containers while I was in the food storage aisle. These are definitely going to be my go-to containers for meal prepping and sending my husband to work with leftovers! Want to try them for yourself? Grab a coupon!
FIND RECIPES YOU LOVE
I have definitely learned a thing or two when it comes to meal prepping. Now I know what staples to keep on hand like brown rice and certain veggies. Crockpot recipes make meal prepping easy, too. But one of my favorite meals has to be a chicken burrito bowl that my sister posted on her Facebook page about a month ago.
I simplified the original recipe by using what I had on hand. This recipe made two Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers. You can easily double the recipe to make more. I had about one container of shredded chicken leftover to use in another meal after shredding my small rotisserie chicken.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Chili lime seasoning
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper strips and cook until softened.
- Add onion and cook until softened and vegetables char slightly.
- Divide rice evenly between two containers.
- Add approximately 1 cup of shredded chicken to one half of the container.
- Add half of peppers and onion mixture to the other side of the container.
- Season chicken with chili lime seasoning and spoon a little salsa on top.
- Add fresh cilantro and two lime wedges per container.
- Heat, eat, and enjoy!
Are you ready for even more meal prep inspiration? Check out Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat recipes! And don’t forget to grab your coupon before heading to Walmart to purchase your new Heat & Eat containers!
PIN FOR LATER