Let your inner mermaid shine with this DIY Mermaid Sea Salt Scrub that gently exfoliates, moisturizes, and gives your skin a summer glow!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
You know how I recently told you how I truly felt about the unicorn trend? I may not be a fan of rainbow-colored-everything, but I am a huge fan of mermaids! Of course, I love beautiful, fairytale mermaids like Ariel, but I also enjoy reading some of the crueler myths behind mermaids, too. Most of these myths say that mermaids attracted sailors and caused drownings and shipwrecks. It isn’t always pretty under the sea!
But you can still feel like a pretty mermaid with this DIY Mermaid Sea Salt Scrub! It’s made with sea salt, which gently exfoliates the skin without being too abrasive. Then, I mixed in coconut oil to help to moisturize the skin. But the most “mermaid” ingredient in this scrub is definitely spirulina. Spirulina is a blue-green algae powder that’s full of benefits for your skin (anti-aging, acne fighting, helps with dark circles) and body, on a whole!
I also added a little gold mica powder (a mineral found in cosmetics, like eyeshadow) so you can really glow! The shimmery touch of gold will allow your inner mermaid to shine bright! After showering and using this salt scrub, your skin will not only feel incredible, but it will have a nice summer glow from the gold mica powder, too!
- 2 cups fine sea salt, divided
- 3 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 100% pure essential oil (I used orange and lime)
- 1 tsp. spirulina
- Gold mica powder
- Blue food coloring
- Split the cup of sea salt between three small bowls.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to each bowl and stir.
- Next, add drops of essential oil to each bowl and stir. The amount of essential oil you add is up to you, but I usually start with 10 drops and work from there.
- Add a drop of blue food coloring to one bowl and stir until it’s well combined.
- Then, add a drop of green food coloring to another bowl.
- Begin layering each color into a container or jar.
- Gently swirl the colors together with a popsicle stick or spoon.
- Seal container or jar until it’s time to jump in the shower and scrub up!
This scrub is great for areas like your feet or elbows, but gentle enough to use all over! It’s perfect for scrubbing up after a day splashing around at the beach or just pampering your skin at home! Shop this DIY below and let your inner mermaid glow!
PIN FOR LATER