Thank you to Farm Rich for sponsoring this recipe post. Farm Rich snacks are great for homegating and make this Mini Meatball Parm Sliders recipe easy and delicious!
Can we talk about football food for a minute? I mean, why is it just SO darn good? Even though we just enjoyed a big, holiday meal last week, I couldn’t wait for the weekend to make a bunch of awesome, finger food! Now, just to be up front with you, I’m pretty much into football only for the food. That’s why I’m all about homegating with the family during the weekend. There’s nothing better than hanging around the TV with a great spread to snack on!
Sure, the stadium atmosphere is pretty fun and exciting – even for a gal like me who knows nothing about the game! I’ve only ever been to two football games in my life. I saw the Giants play both times and couldn’t tell you much about what went on during the game (even though I’ve had people try to explain it to me over and over again). But I could definitely tell you that the football food was good and worth freezing in our seats for!
But now that it’s getting colder outside, I would much rather be in the comfort of my own home on game day! That’s why I enjoy bringing the excitement of the stadium inside by homegating with lots of tasty snacks and refreshing beverages!
This time of year, I keep plenty of frozen Farm Rich snacks and appetizers stocked in the freezer. They’re not only great for game day, but for appetizer nights when you’ve spent the day doing a ton of holiday prep and can’t possibly make dinner! Farm Rich makes it easier to prepare delicious appetizers that are ready in just minutes!
One of my favorite Farm Rich products to keep on hand are their Italian Style Meatballs. They’re perfect for adding into soups or slow cooker recipes and they make awesome mini meatball sliders! This meatball slider recipe is perfect for game day or just when you want something quick and easy for dinner.
- 1 package of Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced, plus 1 minced clove
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag of Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over a low flame.
- Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant and light golden brown.
- Carefully pour in the tomatoes and stir in the crushed red pepper and basil.
- Raise heat to medium, cover the pot, and allow the sauce to come to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the meatballs. Cook until the meatballs are thawed through and the sauce has begun to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9 x 13" casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half, placing the bottom half in the casserole dish.
- Spoon the meatballs onto the bottom half of the rolls.
- Then, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Add Parmesan cheese, if desired. Place the other half of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and the last garlic clove together. Brush onto the rolls.
- Then, sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden brown and toasty.
- Pull apart or slice before serving.
You know what goes great with these meatball parm sliders? A cold, refreshing glass of original Dr Pepper and some cheesy, mouthwatering mozzarella sticks! Mozzarella sticks are one of my all-time favorite snacks. They’re the original creator of that amazing cheese pull. What’s not to love about them?
In my family, the saucier and cheesier the food is, the better! We love big, Italian flavors and meals that are quick and easy. That’s why I’ll definitely be serving up this winning combination of mini meatball sliders and mozzarella sticks the next time we homegate with the family!
While you’re shopping for these Farm Rich snacks, don’t forget to grab a bottle of Dr Pepper. Did you know that it’s America’s oldest major soft drink? Its signature blend of 23 unique flavors makes it a great beverage for your game day spread!
Look for these Farm Rich snacks in the freezer section of your local grocery store and be a #HomegatingHero! You’ll be sure to score a touch down when you present your family with these tasty game day treats!
PIN FOR LATER