I made tasty shrimp skewers during the week that were so simple, but held a lot of flavor in each bite. The marinade I used gave the skewers an added kick of flavor with a tiny bit of heat. Perfect for summer grilling! I grilled our leftover chopped veggies in a grill wok the next night as a light side with dinner.
What You Need
- 30 large shrimp (I used Wegman’s frozen, peeled and deveined, uncooked shrimp)
- Wegman’s Mojo Marinade (or marinade of your choice)
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped into chunks
- 6 grape tomatoes
- Half a red pepper, chopped into chunks
- Half a green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped into chunks
- Bamboo skewers
What You Do
Soak skewers for at least 30 minutes before preparing meal. Thaw shrimp if using frozen shrimp. Thread shrimp on skewer, followed by a piece of vegetable and repeat process using different veggies until 5 shrimp are on skewer and all varieties of veggies have been used. Once skewers are finished, lay in lasagna pan and pour approximately half of marinade bottle over skewers. Let sit in fridge for another half hour or more.
Light grill on medium heat. Arrange skewers horizontally on grill. Cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve hot off the grill and enjoy!