This Mushroom Asparagus Pasta with Herb Goat Cheese is a simple pasta dish that’s satisfying and delicious. Make it as a quick dinner or a comforting side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Some of my favorite meals come from cleaning out the fridge. Like this pasta! I was looking for something easy to eat for lunch. I had fresh asparagus to use as well as baby bella mushrooms. So I threw them in a pan with a little olive oil, butter, and garlic. Then, I boiled tagliatelle pasta and eventually tossed the cooked pasta with the asparagus and mushrooms.
At the last minute, I checked the cheese compartment in my fridge and found some herb goat cheese. So I crumbled some up and threw it on top of the pasta with a little sea salt and cracked pepper on top and boom! Such a simple pasta dish, but it turned out to be one of the most delicious and satisfying meals I’ve made myself recently.
While tagliatelle pasta is generally used with meaty pasta dishes, I found that it worked really well with a veggie pasta, like this. The thicker noodles kind of wrapped around the mushrooms and asparagus, gripping at all of the flavors in this dish. I also enjoyed its chewy texture.
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta with Herb Goat Cheese
This simple dish makes a delicious entrée or comforting side dish. All you need to make it is tagliatelle pasta, fresh asparagus, baby bella mushrooms, and crumbled herb goat cheese. If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan on top instead. Just make sure to season the pasta with Italian seasoning!
The first thing we’re going to do is prepare our pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for about 4-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Now, we’re going to add olive oil and butter to a skillet. Once the butter has melted, add the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
Lower the heat a touch and add the pasta to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
All that’s left to do is serve it! Before serving, add crumbled herb goat cheese on top. It adds a little creaminess to the pasta.
- 1/2 - 8oz. package tagliatelle pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumbled herb goat cheese, for topping
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 4-6 minutes. Drain and set the pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic, sautéing for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Lower the heat and add the pasta to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with crumbled herb goat cheese on top.
If you have leftovers, add them back into a pan with a little more butter and olive oil. Heat over medium-low heat until warmed through. Then, serve with more goat cheese, if desired.
Did you make this Mushroom Asparagus Pasta with Herb Goat Cheese recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER