This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
Turn a pizza pan into a nautical wreath for your front with this easy Nautical Pizza Pan Wreath tutorial using the Cricut Joy! It’s an easy way to decorate your home for summer!
My little sister and brother-in-law are in the process of moving into their first home. It’s such an exciting time for them and I can’t wait to see the house when it’s all painted, furnished, and they’re settled. In the meantime, I’ve been working on some easy home decor craft ideas with my sister using my Cricut Joy. It’s such an easy machine to use when I’m doing simple crafts or even if I want to craft at my sister’s house in the future.
I had asked her if she had a wreath for her front door. She didn’t, so I told her I would make her one. One of the easiest ways to decorate your home and make it feel welcome is by hanging a wreath on your front door! My sister’s very into anchors, so we decided to make a nautical themed wreath that’s perfect for this time of year!
How to Make a Nautical Pizza Pan Wreath
We decided to make a pizza pan wreath. Pizza pans make a great base for wreaths and hanging signs since they’re a flat surface that can easily be painted and decorated with vinyl and other embellishments.
The first thing I did was spray paint the pizza pan navy blue and let it dry overnight. While the paint dried, I started my vinyl design in Design Space. Instead of a wreath that said “welcome” on it, my sister wanted her wreath to say “ahoy.” Super cute, right? So I made sure I got Cricut Joy vinyl in nautical, beachy colors.
I was able to apply the anchor and ship wheel without transfer tape. But since the lettering was in two pieces, I applied it to the pan with transfer tape. Then, I carefully peeled it off so I didn’t take any of the paint with it.
Once all of my vinyl was applied, I added some nautical rope around the edge of the pan, creating a loop at the top for hanging. Then, I covered the ends of the rope with a burlap bow.
- Cricut Joy
- Nautical Pizza Pan Wreath Project
- 12 inch pizza pan
- Navy indoor/outdoor spray paint
- Nautical rope
- Hot glue gun
- White Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™
- Silver Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™ Shimmer
- Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™ Sampler, Beachside
- Cricut Joy™ Bulk Transfer Tape
- Burlap bow
- Spray paint the front of the pizza pan navy blue. Allow it to dry overnight.
- Open the Nautical Pizza Pan Wreath Project in Design Space. Resize, if necessary. Then, click “make it.”
- Follow the directions to make each color vinyl without a mat.
- Starting with the anchor, weed the design and place it in the center of the pizza pan (use Transfer Tape, if desired).
- Follow by adding “ahoy!” centered across the anchor.
- Then, add the ship wheel in place of the “o.”
- Measure nautical rope around the edge of the pizza pan. Glue it in place using a hot glue gun. Make sure to leave a loop unglued at the top for hanging.
- Once the glue has dried completely, you can hang your new wreath!
Using the Cricut Joy makes it easy to swap between different colors of Cricut Smart Materials without using a mat. Just plug in the machine, load your first vinyl color, and cut! Most personalized projects can be done in 15 minutes or less!
The Cricut Joy is small and portable making it easy to craft anywhere! Even on-the-go! Just pack up some vinyl and use the Design Space app to create your next home decor design!
Did you make this Nautical Pizza Pan Wreath? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER