These No Bake Cheerios ™ Snack Bites are a delicious, wholesome snack, packed with protein and made with gluten-free Cheerios ™!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias
Although cereal is primarily a breakfast food, I tend to eat it during other times of the day. No milk. No bowl. Just straight out of the box. Maybe it’s the fact that I enjoyed it as a snack when I was a kid. Now as an adult, I still enjoy snacking on cereal when the mood for something sweet hits.
I’ve recently discussed some changes I’ve made in my diet. One of those is migrating towards a gluten-free diet. When I found out that Cheerios ™ now has a line of gluten-free cereals, I was excited to give them a try. Not only because of my dietary changes, but because my husband almost always starts his mornings with a bowl of Cheerios ™! It’s a morning tradition we’ll now be able to share together.
Speaking of sharing, have you heard about the new Cheerios ™ “Buy a Box. Give a Free Box” program? I recently sent my parents a coupon for a free box of Cheerios ™. That’s right! FREE! With this program, you can give a box of Cheerios ™ to someone special. Simply look for specially marked boxes of Gluten-Free Cheerios ™ at Walmart.
The process is simple!
- Visit the website and click the box that says “Enter Code Here.”
- Enter your exclusive code found on your box of Cheerios ™.
- Continue to follow the steps to send your friend or loved one a coupon good for one FREE box of Cheerios ™.
- Write a custom message to the recipient. Let them know why you want them to have a free box!
- Choose an e-card to send with your message (like the “funny” one I chose).
- Preview your message and send!
Because I enjoy snacking on Cheerios ™, I decided to create No Bake Cheerios ™ Snack Bites. I may have snuck some chocolate in this recipe, too! Overall, these bites are a wholesome snack and packed with protein!
- 2 cups Cheerios ™, any variety
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter, or other nut/seed butter
- 1/3 c. agave, or honey
- 2 tsp. mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate are best!)
- 2 tsp. crushed pecans
- 2 tsp. shredded coconut
- Add peanut butter and agave to a small, microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 25 seconds, or until mixture can easily be combined.
- In a medium bowl, add Cheerios ™. Mix in peanut butter mixture until completely combined.
- Next, add mini chocolate chips, crushed pecans, shredded coconut, or other add-ins. Make sure to stir in completely.
- With wet hands, begin to form mixture into golf ball sized balls and place on shallow baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Rewet hands, as necessary.
- Place snack bites in freezer for 10 minutes, or until solid.
- Store in a container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Other possible add-ins include dried cranberries, almonds, raisins. Get creative with your combos!
These snack bites are great for big hands or little hands! I’m sure your kids would love to get involved making them since the process gets a bit messy!
I shared these snack bites with my family while I was over my parents’ house one weekend. They’re always cooking up big meals on the weekend for all of their kids, so I figured I would bring them a special treat to thank them, along with that free box of Cheerios ™ I sent!
Who will you give a box of Cheerios ™ to?
As you may have heard, some select boxes of Cheerios™ and Honey Nut Cheerios™ produced over two weeks in July at the Lodi, California plant, have been recalled due to a wheat allergen. This recall only affects consumers with Celiac disease or a gluten-sensitivity. To learn more about the recall, and if your product is affected please go to: http://blog.generalmills.