I’ve been kind of “corned out” with all of the corn I’ve been receiving in my fresh boxes. There are only so many ways you can grill corn on the cob until you get completely sick of it. I took a new approach to our corn side dish last night and looked to leftovers. When I have leftover corn on the cob, I usually cut the kernels off and turn it into a salad. I made an easy and light salad last night with ingredients that came straight from my fresh box and kitchen.
Corn Salad with Tomato, Feta and Cilantro
What You Need
- 2 ears of sweet corn, husked and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or basil would work if you don’t like cilantro)
- 1/2 container Trader Joe’s fat-free crumbled feta (about 3 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to season
What You Do
Mix everything in a bowl and serve chilled. Best if you let it sit in fridge a while before serving. Enjoy!
Approximately 6-8 servings