Who doesn’t love S’mores? Chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker – what’s not to love in that sweet combination? S’mores are one of my favorite summertime treats! They’re even a fun treat through the Fall when nights get cooler, and we sit around our fire pit. I have been so excited about Fall and Halloween these past few weeks (as if you couldn’t tell)! I keep thinking about all of the activities I want to do this season like pumpkin picking, going to get apple cider goodies, and especially hiking.
I’ve talked about my love for hiking in the Fall before. It’s such a gorgeous time of year to find a trail and walk through Fall’s colorful show of leaves. We’ll spend hours in the woods exploring with our dog. I love taking pictures of the leaves during these hikes. Since I know we’ll be out on the trail for a while, I usually pack a backpack with water and snack bars.
When you’re on-the-go – whether it’s out on the hiking trail or busy back-to-school mornings – you want quick and easy snacks to pack. That’s why I love granola bars!
During my weekly grocery trip to Shop-Rite this week, I spotted Honey Maid Smores cereal. It’s made with chocolate cereal puffs, mini marshmallows, and HONEY MAID® Graham Crackers. It’s a sweet taste of S’mores to start your morning!
I knew that my husband and I would both enjoy this cereal, so I brought a box home. Then, I thought about all of our upcoming Fall activities and decided to use some of our new Honey Maid Smores cereal to make granola bars!
These granola bars pack all of the flavor of S’mores in a quick, convenient snack!
- 2 1/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp. honey
- 1 c. Honey Maid S’mores
- 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips + 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix cinnamon into the oats. Spread oats onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, stir butter, brown sugar, and honey together over low heat. Remove from heat when butter is melted and the other ingredients have been fully incorporated.
- Put the toasted oats back into a medium bowl and stir in the butter mixture. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Once oat mixture has cooled, stir in the Honey Maid S’mores, mini marshmallows, and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray and press the granola into the pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips over a low flame, stirring continuously until melted. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the granola.
- Chill the granola in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Once the granola is cool and the chocolate has hardened, cut the granola into bars.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Whether you’re getting ready to tackle your morning or heading out on the trail this Fall, you’ll want to have a box of Honey Maid Smores cereal on hand. It’s a sweet breakfast, but also makes a delicious granola bar ingredient that kids and adults will love! Now you can enjoy the taste of S’mores where ever you are! Look for Honey Maid Smores where cereal is sold in Shop-Rite!
PIN FOR LATER