Mike and I were both super impressed with dinner tonight. I’ve been pinning recipes like crazy on Pinterest, mostly because I have all new ingredients to discover with my fresh boxes each week. I had some chicken breasts defrosted in the fridge and fresh produce that I got in my box last Thursday. This is what I put together.
|Photo and recipe courtesy of GroceryBudget101.com|
Key Lime Grilled Chicken
– 3 tbsp. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
– 2 tbsp. honey (I used buckwheat honey)
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– Juice of 1 lime
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Combine first five/six ingredients in a small bowl. In a Ziploc freezer bag, add chicken and pour marinade mixture over chicken. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes or more.
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
|Photo and recipe courtesy of TheKitchenSinkRecipes.com|
Grilled Peach, Arugula and Feta Salad
– 2 peaches, cut into wedges
– Olive oil
– Sea salt
– Freshly cracked pepper
– 1 small bunch of arugula, washed and dried thoroughly and torn into pieces
– Balsamic and olive oil vinaigrette (I used a mix of balsamic, olive oil and Italian herbs for this)
– Feta cheese (I used Trader Joe’s fat-free crumbled feta)
– Wooden skewers, presoaked in water
Toss arugula with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette and set aside. Thread peaches onto skewers. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 5-8 minutes or until peaches have nice grill marks on them. Remove peaches from skewers, let cool for a minute or two, then add to arugula. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
While Mike wasn’t too fond of grilled peaches (it’s a texture thing), he enjoyed the bite that arugula has to it.
Dinner tonight was light and easy. Perfect for a week like this week when the weather’s due to be in the 90’s!
*Recipes have been adjusted to our liking from the originals