One of the great things about vacation days is spending the morning watching daytime talk shows. Rachael Ray…kind of annoys me. But she does have some good recipes. One of which made its way to our table tonight. During Rachael Ray’s April 9th show, she made a Quick Chicken Vesuvio. I didn’t have all of the ingredients called for so I made the best of what was in our fridge. The result was pretty tasty.
Jessica’s Rachael Ray Chicken Vesuvio
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or more depending on heat preference
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- Flour, for coating
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- dried parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- Crusty bread, for serving
The chicken and potatoes were really flavorful with the combination of lemon, wine and herbs. The garlic was a nice addition and it wasn’t pungent or overpowering. Everything blended really well together. This is a definite make again. Maybe next time I’ll try it Rachael’s way.