Countdown the days to Christmas with this Countdown to Christmas Block DIY made with a piece of wood, some paint, and chalk!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
- 1 block of wood cut to size of your liking (mine was L 9 1/2″, W 1 1/2″, H 3 1/2″)
- Acrylic/craft paint in white, red and red glitter (optional)
- Chalkboard paint
- Painter’s tape
- White paint marker
- Paint your block of wood white. Once that coat is dry, paint the block in red. Let that coat dry and paint over in red glitter if you choose to do so. Let that dry completely and then tape off a small square.
- Paint the square with chalkboard paint. Remove the tape when the chalkboard paint is dry.
- With your white paint marker, write “Countdown to Christmas” on the blank side of the block. Write “days” underneath the chalkboard square. If you want, you can add holiday embellishments to the countdown. I painted a small holly leaf and berries.
A lot of the supplies needed, I already had around the house. I would suggest picking up small bottles of acrylic paint at the craft store. They’re only about $1-2 if you avoid the better brands. The lesser known brands work just as well. You can get a box of chalk at the dollar store. I left a piece in a small Christmas dish by the countdown.
It’s such a cute little countdown that’s so easy to make! Unlike those wonderful little chocolate calendars, you’ll be able to cherish this countdown for years to come!