Morning just got a lot tastier with these small batch Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins that are moist, full of banana and chocolate flavor, and so easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I decided to do some baking yesterday morning. I had three bananas that were beginning to turn and a small bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips that I had bought in Lancaster. So I ended up making some chocolate chip banana muffins. My go-to for using up over-ripened bananas is usually banana bread, but I love a good muffin!
Muffins are one of my favorite baked goods to make because, not only are they just so good, but they’re pretty convenient to have around the house! I’ll pack a couple for the boo to take to work with him or sit down and have one at night with a cup of coffee (decaf so I can actually get some sleep!).
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Whether you eat muffins for breakfast or dessert, you can’t deny that this handheld treat is always fun to eat! These Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are simple to make, really moist, and so delicious! I love banana baked goods on their own, but you can’t deny that chocolate chips make baked goods even better!
The banana and chocolate add extra sweetness and flavor to these muffins. But the secret ingredient is plain Greek yogurt! We like to add it to a lot of our baked recipes because it keeps them moist and goes undetected! This recipe makes a small batch of a muffins. Six to be exact! A smaller batch means a bigger muffin!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 medium sized bananas)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly spray a standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg whites, mashed banana, yogurt, sugar, and oil.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture, just until moistened.
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips and pour batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of a muffin.
These muffins were so good that we only had two left the day after I made them! They’re light, airy, and the addition of Greek yogurt keeps them moist and delicious!
If you want to make these and freeze them for later, let them cool completely and then place them in plastic baggies or a storage container. They’ll keep in the freezer for about three months. Of course, if you’re anything like us, they probably won’t make it that long!
Did you make this Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins recipe? Share your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER