This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerItUpWithHatfield #GrillingWithHatfield #SimplyHatfield #CollectiveBias
Classic Cuban sandwiches get a summertime makeover with layers of Swiss cheese, ham, pickles, and grilled Hatfield® pork. It’s a perfect summer sandwich for laid back lunches, easy weeknight dinners, and family barbecues!
Memorial Day weekend is coming up and we love kicking off the unofficial start to summer with a cookout! We’ll be firing up the grill all weekend, but you won’t find just hot dogs and burgers on our menu! We’re big fans of cooking pork – any type of pork – on the grill. Grilled pork tastes pretty amazing on its own, but it’s even better when it’s pre-seasoned with a delicious dry rub!
You know that we love cooking with Hatfield products. They’re always a great deal at ACME, so we usually keep our freezer stocked with Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filets and Hatfield® Marinated Pork Tenderloins. Since they’re already seasoned with flavorful dry rubs, they’re perfect for easy summer grilling!
While all of the marinaded pork products are delicious, we absolutely love the Touch of Sea Salt Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filet. It has just the right amount of saltiness and works well in any pork dish.
Hatfield’s products are ethically raised and gluten free pork products from American family farms. They’re easy to cook and serve on the grill or inside in the oven or slow cooker!
A grilled summer sandwich with layers of delicious flavor!
Since summer is all about those laid back, easy days and nights, I decided to make some Cuban sandwiches using a Touch of Sea Salt Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filet. They were delicious and so easy to make!
1. First, I wrapped the dry rub seasoned pork loin in foil and placed it on the preheated grill. It cooked for 30 minutes total and I flipped it halfway through. When the pork loin was almost finished cooking, I split my rolls and toasted them.
2. After the pork loin was cooked, I let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. It was tender and perfect! Beautifully golden on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside!
3. Then, I started assembling the Cuban sandwiches. I spread mustard on one side of the roll and layered the other side with Swiss cheese, ham, pork, and pickles. The sandwiches were stacked pretty high, so I held them together with a couple of toothpicks.
4. Cuban sandwiches are often pressed, so I placed the sandwiches back on the grill. Using the back of a cast iron skillet, I pressed the sandwiches down for a few minutes on each side until they got nice and toasty. Then, I sliced and served them. They were delicious!
- 1 Hatfield® Marinated Pork Loin Filets, Touch of Sea Salt
- 4 sub rolls
- Swiss cheese, 2 slices per sandwich
- Deli ham, 3 slices per sandwich
- Sandwich pickles, 2 per sandwich
- Spicy mustard
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Wrap the pork loin in foil and place on the grill.
- Cook the pork loin for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Rest for 3-5 minutes and slice into thin rounds.
- Split the sub rolls and toast on the grill, if desired.
- Spread spicy mustard on half of the roll.
- Layer the cheese, ham, and pork slices on top. Hold the sandwiches together with a toothpick.
- While the grill is still hot, place the sandwiches back on the grill. Using a panini press or cast iron skillet, press the sandwiches until they're lightly toasted.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.
Grab a couple of these Hatfield Marinated Pork Tenderloins and Hatfield Marinated Pork Loin Filets in the meat section of ACME, or where ever Hatfield products are sold. They freeze beautifully and are great for summer barbecues!
These grilled Cuban sandwiches are sure to become a favorite for a laid back lunch or easy weeknight dinner this summer. They’re so easy to make and stacked with flavor the whole family will love!
PIN FOR LATER