The struggle is real when it’s hot outside, there’s a tub of ice cream in the freezer, and your sweet tooth is filling your head with naughty ideas like, “Go get the ice cream scoop and dig in!” I will admit that even though my snack cravings don’t always include the sweet stuff, a nice bowl of ice cream definitely does the trick when it’s hot out!
I am always looking for healthier ways to satisfy my snack cravings. Especially during the summer! So during our last 90+ degree heatwave, I popped into Stop & Shop and grabbed a few boxes of Weight Watchers ice cream bars. Weight Watchers frozen treats are great for guilt-free, summer snacking! But since one can’t live on ice cream alone (wait, what!?!), today I thought I would share a few other healthy ways to keep cool while it’s still hot outside.
5 HEALTHY TREATS TO BEAT THE HEAT
- INFUSED WATER | First and foremost, the most important thing to worry about when it’s hot outside is keeping cool and hydrated. I mean, that’s a given! So fill a water bottle or a glass up with water and keep on chugging! If you can’t stand drinking straight water, infuse it with fruit! It’s a great way to use up some of the fruit in your fridge and it makes a pretty refreshing drink!
- HOMEMADE ICED TEA | Not all iced tea is made equally, so watch your sugar content with bottled teas. However, if you make your own, you’ll have a healthy and refreshing drink to enjoy! To make sun tea, add about 6-8 tea bags to a pitcher and let it steep in the sun for most of the afternoon. Add lemons to sweeten it and cool with ice in the fridge. Have an herb garden? Put all of that overgrown mint to good use! Steep mint leaves in hot water, then cool with ice in the fridge. No need for sweetener! Just get to sipping!
- FROZEN FRUIT | As you probably know, we have quite a garden every year. This includes four berry bushes in the backyard! At the end of berry season, we usually have so many berries that I end up freezing most of them. It’s pretty convenient when it’s hot outside! Frozen berries are not only delicious, but a healthy way to cool down! Add them to your water (or ice cubes!), a salad, yogurt, or eat them straight from the freezer!
- VEGGIE STICKS & DIP | There are certain veggies, like cucumbers, that are extremely hydrating because of their water content. I like to cut up cucumbers and carrots into sticks and eat them with hummus or salsa! If the dips are homemade, that’s a bonus!
- WEIGHT WATCHERS ICE CREAM BARS | If you’re craving ice cream, look no further than a box of Weight Watchers frozen ice cream bars. I love their snack-sized treats and there are so many varieties, too! What do I love the best about them? I can satisfy my craving for ice cream without feeling guilty! What’s not to love about that!?!
My favorite ice cream bars, by far, are the Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Candy Bars, Salted Caramel Ice Cream Bars, and the English Toffee Crunch Bars (my absolute favorite!). The crunchy chocolate shell leads the way to creamy ice cream. These bars hit the spot every time!
Stop by your local Stop & Shop between 9/1/16 – 9/28/16 and when you buy any (5) FIVE participating Weight Watchers products (excluding Heinz SmartOnes & Meeting Room Products) you’ll Save $3.00 instantly while supplies last!
PIN FOR LATER