This busy time of year, it’s easy to get off track and eat out of convenience, not consciousness. Some of the biggest, food-filled holidays are fast approaching. But that doesn’t mean we should push away those healthy, fresh ingredients that we so enjoyed during the summer. That’s why I find it’s so important to learn about what produce is in season and eat seasonally.
Squash goes way beyond pumpkin this time of year. There are so many different varieties to choose from. I love spaghetti squash as a pasta alternative. Butternut squash is delicious sauteed or in soups. But one of my most favorite kinds of squash this time of year is acorn squash.
Acorn squash is great for stuffing. It’s delicious sweet or savory and makes tasty squash fries, too. I recently made Parmesan Squash Fries out of an acorn squash. They tasted similar to sweet potato fries and went really well with the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs we had recently tried.
This Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs was a perfect easy weeknight solution! It came with its own parchment paper for cooking and was ready in under 25 minutes! It was fresh tasting, fresh smelling, and full of flavor!
Shallots, black pepper, and lemon are just some of the fresh ingredients used in this premium tilapia dish. It’s also a great source of protein! Paired with these acorn squash fries, it makes a healthy, well-balanced meal to keep you on track during the holiday rush!
- 1 small acorn squash, skin and seeds removed and sliced thin (delicata squash works well, too)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, divided in half
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme and oregano, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash slices, olive oil, half of the parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and garlic powder together. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Bake fries for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through baking, until bread crumbs start to brown.
- Sprinkle other half of parmesan cheese and fresh herbs on top before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Remove Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs from box and packaging.
- Slip each piece of fish into a parchment packet and close the open end up.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes or until flaky cooked through.
- Serve with squash fries.
I think I’ll be stocking up on Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products as we head into the holidays! This dish was so easy and so good! Want to try this recipe for yourself? Find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products using the store locator or via Amazon Fresh.
PIN FOR LATER
What’s your favorite way to eat fresh during the holiday season?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.