Peach cobbler is turned upside down in this fun twist on this classic summer dessert! These Easy Upside Down Peach Cobbler Cups are made with buttery refrigerated biscuit dough, peach slices, and spices and baked in a muffin pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
A few weekends ago, we were treated to catered BBQ food including peach cobbler for dessert. I love peach cobbler! It’s probably one of my favorite summertime desserts. But this peach cobbler was not it. It was clearly canned peaches with a gloopy mess of half-baked batter just flopped on top.
After a few bites, I turned to my husband and said, “I’ll have to make peach cobbler one of these days.” So I did! But I didn’t make my usual standard peach cobbler in a baking dish. I decided to try and make individual style cobbler cups in a muffin pan!
Classic peach cobbler is made with peach slices and a buttery, crust-like topping. These peach cobbler cups are made “upside down” using refrigerated biscuit dough as a crust. Then, they’re filled with a buttery peach filling and baked until bubbly and golden brown.
The best part about these cups is that you don’t have to share! Just add some whipped cream or – my favorite – vanilla ice cream on top and enjoy this easy take on classic peach cobbler!
Easy Upside Down Peach Cobbler Cups
Fresh peaches are best, but not in season yet. I’m not a huge fan of canned peaches so I used frozen peach slices instead. The cups themselves are butter biscuits. With just a few other ingredients like melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon, you end up with a simple summer dessert that’s easy enough to make all year ’round!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two muffins pans with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
Then, pop open the tube of biscuits and flatten each circle of dough. Brush both sides of the biscuit dough with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place each circle of dough into the muffin pans, pressing down to form a cup.
Now we’re going to take our peach slices and divide them evenly on top of the biscuit dough. Then, sprinkle the peaches with brown sugar.
Bake the peach cobbler cups for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuit dough is fully cooked and golden brown and the peaches are hot and bubbly.
Allow the cobbler cups to cool almost completely. Then, remove from the muffin pan.
Serve the cobbler cups immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tube refrigerated butter flavored biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Optional: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 standard muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Open the biscuit dough and flatten each circle of dough.
- Then, brush each side of the biscuit dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with the cinnamon sugar mixture and place them into the muffin pan.
- Add the peach slices on top of the biscuit dough and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Allow the cobbler cups to cool almost completely. Then, remove from the muffin pan.
- Serve the cobbler cups with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.
If you’re not a huge fan of peaches, there are a ton of great fruit flavors that would work in this recipe. Try making these cobbler cups with blueberries, strawberries, or cherries instead!
Did you make this Easy Upside Down Peach Cobbler Cups recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER