This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CBias #CollectiveBias
Delight your holiday guests with the sweet taste of Peppermint Mocha when you bake up a chocolaty Peppermint Mocha Loaf topped with crushed candy canes!
I don’t know about you, but during the holiday season, my coffee intake increases. I can usually make it through the day any other time of the year with just one morning cup of coffee. But this time of year, I’ve got to have at least two cups or more to keep me up to speed! As a blogger, I’m working feverishly to hit those holiday deadlines. As a wife and homemaker, I’m making sure that we’re all set for our upcoming holiday celebrations. That means that instead of winding down for the night, I’m trying to keep my caffeine kick going as long as possible!
Lately, most of my nights have been spent by the light of my computer instead of the glow of the Christmas tree. I’m thisclose to finishing up my editorial calendar for the year and I have one last Christmas present to shop for. Then, I can enjoy what I love most about the holidays – baking up goodies to share with friends and family while listening to my favorite songs of the season!
Thankfully, while I’m wrapping up my list of things to do, I can still enjoy some of my favorite holiday flavors by adding International Delight® Seasonal Creamers to my coffee. I mean, who wouldn’t want to stir a little holiday cheer into their cup? That’s why I stocked up on a couple of International Delight®’s seasonal flavors during a recent trip to Walmart!
International Delight® Frosted Sugar Cookie creamer is like enjoying the sweet taste of home in a rich, creamy swirl. This flavor is inspired by holiday cookies & frosting. International Delight® Peppermint Mocha is always on the nice list! It’s a perfect holiday combination of sweet peppermint and mocha. Both of these flavors are definitely inspiring my holiday baking list this year!
In fact, I decided to get a head start on some holiday baking a couple weekends ago. Since you never know when company might show up this time of year, I always like to be prepared with a homemade, holiday treat to share with guests. So I whipped up this easy Peppermint Mocha Loaf made with International Delight® Peppermint Mocha creamer!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Chocolate frosting
- Crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg into the mixture.
- Then, mix in the vanilla and International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the wet ingredients and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the Peppermint Mocha Loaf for an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf. Allow the loaf to cool completely.
- Once the loaf is cool, spread a layer of chocolate frosting on top.
- Then, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Pro tip: swap out the vanilla extract for coffee extract to give this loaf a richer, bolder mocha flavor.
Every year, after the decorations go up, my husband and I invite our parents over for a holiday dinner. A good meal with family always ends with a nice cup of coffee and something delicious for dessert. We still need to work our annual dinner into our plans this year, but I know exactly what I’ll be serving for dessert during our holiday gathering!
This Peppermint Mocha Loaf is so easy to make! It’s a delicious cake-like chocolate loaf infused with the flavor of International Delight® Peppermint Mocha creamer and topped with frosting and a candy cane crunch. It’s a perfect holiday dessert to serve with a hot cup of coffee and a family-filled table!
Want more International Delight® holiday baking inspiration? Check out the video below to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bites!
PIN FOR LATER