This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CollectiveBias #CrispiestChicken
Make the crispiest, juiciest, most flavorful chicken ever with this easy Pickle Brined Oven Fried Chicken Thighs recipe the whole family will love!
Are you ready to make the crispiest chicken ever!? Turns out, it’s totally possible to do without frying! I’ve never been a big fan of fried foods. Okay, let me rephrase that. I’ve never been a big fan of making fried foods. I don’t like dodging grease splatters or the smell it leaves in my kitchen. But I do love how fried food is always so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
My solution? Oven frying! So today, I’m sharing a few secrets on how to get the crispiest, juiciest, most flavorful chicken thighs in the oven! There’s really only two things that you need – pickle juice and Argo® Corn Starch!
The secret to making this easy Pickle Brined Oven Fried Chicken Thighs recipe!
Some people are fans of fried chicken wings or chicken breasts. But I recommend using chicken thighs to make the crispiest chicken ever. In my opinion, chicken thighs are an underrated cut of poultry. They’re inexpensive, full of flavor, and oh-so juicy!
I have been missing out on this secret ingredient until recently! If you have leftover pickle juice, don’t toss it! Use it to marinade your chicken instead. The salt in the pickle juice helps tenderize the chicken. And all of those zesty seasonings add a bunch of flavor to the chicken!
Argo® Corn Starch
All I used to coat my chicken was a mixture of Argo® Corn Starch, flour, and seasonings. I popped the chicken in the oven and magic happened! Just look at that glorious, golden, crispy outside!
Argo® Corn Starch helps keeps the coating mixture light and airy (it’s the leading corn starch brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations). Once the chicken is cooked, you can just see the crunch that’s about to happen in every bite!Argo® Corn Starch is the secret ingredient you’ve been looking for!
There are so many other uses for Argo® Corn Starch besides making crispy, oven-fried chicken. It’s a kitchen staple you can use to thicken sauces and soups, add to baking to hold your desserts together, or even use to make slime!
Put all of these secret ingredients together and you’ll be enjoying a whole lot of yum! Serve this oven-fried chicken dish with a side of pickles, Ranch, and slaw or salad!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, or whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp. Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Place the chicken in a sealable container.
- Pour the pickle juice over the chicken and put the lid back onto the container.
- Leave the container in the fridge overnight, or 8 hours. Then, drain pickle juice and pat chicken dry.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, Argo® Corn Starch, and seasonings together.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl and beat.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then flour mixture. Repeat.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and spray a wire rack with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken onto the cooking rack and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Check out the Argo® Corn Starch website to see how you can use corn starch to make the crispiest chicken ever and more! #CrispyChicken
Did you make this recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER