This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #changesnackingforgood #CollectiveBias
Make this Cranberry Pecan Pine Cone Cheese Ball part of your Fall entertaining! It’s impressive, delicious, and perfect for snacking!
We’re halfway through Fall and there’s still so much I want to do before the season ends! I painted pumpkins with my husband and watched Halloween movies with my nieces. My brother and I took a trip to a famous New Jersey ice cream spot for apple cider donut freak shakes (we opted for soft serve pumpkin pie ice cream instead). But the one thing I’ve been talking about doing since the middle of Summer still hasn’t happened!
Hiking through the woods to admire the Fall foliage!
Here in Jersey, it’s taken quite a while for the leaves to change. The weather has been up and down and unseasonably warm most days. That could definitely play a big part of the reason why we haven’t packed up our backpack, the dog, and hit the trail during these past Fall weekends!
So while I’ve been stuck indoors, I’ve been doing a lot of cooking, experimenting with new recipes that would be great for Fall entertaining. It got me thinking about ingredients I love using this time of year.
We love packing snack mixes to keep our energy up while we’re hiking. Sahale Snacks are Gluten-Free Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, and available in a lot of varieties!
Their Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix is one of my favorites! It’s made with roasted pecans, dried cranberries with orange zest, and just a pinch of black pepper.
Pecans and dried cranberries are two ingredients I use over and over again my Fall recipes. While I’m experimenting with recipes that would be great for Fall entertaining, I decided to make a cheese ball with the Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix!
Since I love spending time outdoors this time of year, I decided to make my cheese ball in the shape of a pine cone. The pecans in this mix help give this cheese ball a pine cone look while the dried cranberries add a sweet touch!
So while I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at Stop & Shop last week, I picked up the ingredients I needed to make this cheese ball.
- 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1- 4 oz. package of goat cheese, softened
- 1 - 4 oz. package of Sahale Snacks Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix, dried cranberries and pecans separated
- Buttery crackers, for serving
- Add softened cream cheese and goat cheese to the bowl of a mixer. Stir until cheeses are combined.
- Next, add approximately 1/3 cup of the dried cranberries from the Sahale Snacks Mix. Stir until combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Cover cheese completely with the plastic wrap and mold cheese into a pine cone shape.
- Place cheese in the fridge for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- When the cheese has firmed up a bit, begin adding pecans to form the pine cone.
- Start by placing pecans on the sides and bottom of the cheese and work your way upward.
- Once the pecans are in place, fill in the gaps with more cranberries.
- Serve with buttery crackers.
Just like the Sahale Snacks Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix, this cheese ball is a great combination of flavors and texures. The cream cheese and goat cheese give it a creamy texture while the pecans add some tasty crunch. The dried cranberries pair perfectly with the tartness of the goat cheese. It’s definitely a Fall entertaining winner!
Sahale Snacks also come in other varieties like Naturally Pomegranate Vanilla Flavored Cashews Glazed Mix, Honey Almonds Glazed Mix, Naturally Pomegranate Flavored Pistachios Glazed Mix, Thai Cashews Glazed Mix, Tangerine Vanilla Cashew-Macadamia Glazed Mix, Raspberry Crumble Cashew Trail Mix, and Maple Pecans Glazed Mix.
You can find all of these Sahale Snacks in the snack aisle of Ahold stores including Giant Carlisle, Giant Landover, Martins, and Stop & Shop. Click on the store links for a digital coupon offer. Save $1.50 off 1 – 4oz bag of Sahale Snacks. Offer expires 12/29.
I still hope to get outside and hike through the woods before Fall ends. In the meantime, I’ll bring a bit of nature back indoors with me through this delicious Pine Cone Cheese Ball recipe. It’s perfect for Fall entertaining and snacking!
PIN FOR LATER