This Pineapple Angel Food Cake is made with just four ingredients, one bowl, and will be the hit of your springtime gatherings!
Oh, Pinterest – the website that binds us together one pin at a time. It’s my Google. When somebody asks me, “Where did you find that?” I usually answer with, “Pinterest.” Someone once told me about one of their favorite Pinterest finds for a simple angel food cake. It’s made with boxed cake mix, crushed pineapple, and a couple other ingredients.
The cake sounded so good that I had to try it that weekend! The smells wafting from the oven while it baked assured me that it was going to be delicious! This cake has been made for family springtime gatherings and Easter. It’s a light and fluffy cake with a bright burst of pineapple. I added shredded coconut for a tropical touch of sweetness.
The cake will be nice and fluffy when it comes out of the oven, but upon cooling it will sink down a bit. Make sure you allow the cake to cool completely before serving. I was also told that the cake is good with a can of cherries instead of pineapple. This might be a good cake to win mom over for Mother’s Day. Add her favorite fruit (make sure you get a can of it with juice) instead of pineapple!
- 1 box Angel Food Cake
- 1 - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium or large bowl, combine all ingredients. Batter will puff up a bit.
- Pour mix into a greased 9 x 12 pan (the disposable ones are perfect!) and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until top of cake bakes to a golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with Cool Whip with a little pineapple juice stirred in.
PIN FOR LATER
If you like this sweet springtime dessert, you may also enjoy these recipes:
Photo credit: Kaylyn Vignola