Turn up the heat this grilling season with my Pineapple Sriracha Burgers recipe! This bold combination of flavors tastes like summer on a bun!
This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Whether or not you’re a fan of pineapple on pizza (#teamnot), you’ll absolutely love throwing a slice of grilled pineapple on your burgers this summer! The first time I tried pineapple on a burger, it was on a teriyaki-style burger at a popular chain restaurant. It was delicious! Since then, grilled pineapple has become a total summer staple in our house.
Grilled pineapple is so good on its own, but I especially love it on burgers, like this Sriracha burger! With grilling season upon us, it’s time to spice up your grilling recipes with this slightly sweet and savory burger combo!
So let’s get down to business! What makes a great burger? In my opinion, it’s homemade patties infused with lots of flavor, a wide variety of toppings to choose from, and of course, a great bun! We love Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns. There are a wide variety of flavors to choose from (we love the 100% Whole Wheat buns) and they’re always baked the right way with special touches!
We also love spicy food! But during the summer, I don’t want my food to be totally burn-my-mouth-off hot. It’s hot enough outside already! That’s why Sriracha has enough kick to boost the flavor of your summer favorites without turning up the heat! I only used a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce to make my burger patties, but then I gave my burger an extra kick with Sriracha mayo. The amount of heat you want in your burger is totally up to you!
The nice thing about adding grilled pineapple to this burger is that it balances out the spicy flavor. It gives the burger a little tangy sweetness that’s perfect for summertime! Plus, if you’ve never grilled pineapple, it’s the perfect time to start! Grilling pineapple slices brings out the sweetness of the fruit. Save some extra grilled pineapple for dessert. It’s awesome on top of vanilla ice cream, too!
- 80/20 ground beef, 1 lb.
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Hamburger Buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, cooked bacon, Sriracha mayo
- Mix 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce with the ground beef making sure that the sauce is fully incorporated. Form the Sriracha beef into four patties.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Season the burger patties with salt and pepper. Then, place the patties on the grill.
- Grill the burgers for about 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip and then grill for another 3 or so minutes.
- During the last couple minutes of grilling the burgers, add four pineapple slices to the grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the pineapple has softened slightly and there are noticeable grill marks.
- Top burgers with a slice of Pepper Jack cheese, Sriracha mayo, bacon, a slice of pineapple, lettuce, and tomato.
- Serve on a Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Hamburger Bun.
The unofficial kick-off to summer has started! It’s a great time to start tallying up your favorite grilling recipes. Hopefully, these Pineapple Sriracha Burgers will be added to your list! Want more grilling inspiration? Visit RespectTheBun.com!
This summer, Respect the Bun® with Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns. They’re the perfect companion for your favorite hot dog and hamburger recipes! Find them in-store where Pepperidge Farm® bread and buns are sold.
Look for the the Respect the Bun® logo on packages of Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns. Then, head to RespectTheBun.com to share how you Respect the Bun® for your chance to win big!
PIN FOR LATER