It’s officially soup season and I have been enjoying every minute of it! When it’s cold outside, I love homemade soups that are loaded with fresh ingredients and a ton of veggies. I don’t know about you, but I like seeing the ingredients I’m about to consume. So I recently tried Progresso’s Good Natured Soups. They are exactly what I’m looking for in a nice, warm bowl of soup!
Good Natured Soups offer ¾ cups of vegetables per serving. They contain no GMOs, preservatives, colors from artificial sources, or artificial ingredients. These soups are available in three different varieties – Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder, Hearty Lentil with Garden Vegetables, and Hearty Tomato with Spinach and Roasted Garlic. They come in a convenient Tetrapak carton that can easily be poured and heated for a quick and delicious meal. Download a coupon to save $1 off of one carton of Good Natured Soup!
I purchased all three Good Natured Soup varieties, but recently tried the Hearty Tomato soup. With diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, spinach, onions, red bell peppers, navy bean powder and seasoned with basil, sea salt, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, fennel seed thyme and rosemary, it’s not your average tomato soup!
In my family, pizza is the little black dress of meals. It goes with everything. But there’s nothing quite as classic as a soup and salad combo! I love incorporating Italian flavors into most of my meals. So when I made Progresso’s Hearty Tomato Good Natured Soup, I decided to make a pizza inspired salad to go with it. It was the perfect pairing for this veggie-filled tomato soup!
I like my salad like I like my soup – full of veggies and other wholesome ingredients! So when I was making this pizza inspired salad, I knew I had to bring a lot of flavor and fresh ingredients into this dish! This salad starts with a base of mesclun salad mix. Then, pizza inspired ingredients like cherry tomatoes, pepperoni bites, black olives, and cherry tomatoes are added to it. Lastly, homemade croutons add crunch and a crust-like texture.
- Day old bread/rolls, cut into cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Mesclun salad mix
- Mini pepperoni bites
- Fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- Black olives, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Homemade croutons
- Balsamic vinegar, or dressing of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Add bread cubes to a medium bowl and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Season with Italian seasoning and mix with hands.
- Arrange croutons evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Allow to cool before adding to salad.
- Arrange mesclun salad on a plate or in a salad bowl.
- Add mini pepperoni bites, black olives, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.
- Top with homemade croutons.
- Dress salad with balsamic vinegar or dressing of your choice.
PIN FOR LATER
Next time pizza night rolls around, consider switching it up and making it a soup and pizza salad night instead! For more about Good Natured Soup, be sure to follow Progresso on Facebook.