This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Turn a bag of popcorn into a festively frightful Halloween treat with this Popcorn Boo Bark recipe!
This is my last Halloween post for the year and I’m a little sad about it. I’ve had so much fun making spooky projects and recipes this year! I’ve even had my DIY Pumpkin Dog Treats featured on Popsugar! Since Halloween is tomorrow, I felt it was necessary to make one last festive treat to get you all sugared up and ready for your Halloween festivities!
A couple months ago I went through a major popcorn phase. These foodie phases don’t seem to last too long for me (in some cases, that’s a really good thing!). I’ve been left with two and half boxes of popcorn in my snack cabinet since then. That’s a lot of kernels left to pop! I also had a bag of semi-sweet chocolate, a bag of pumpkin spice morsels, and some Halloween sprinkles on hand, so I thought it might be fun to turn some of my popcorn into a Halloween chocolate bark and serve it up in mini popcorn boxes!
- - 1 bag of popcorn, popped
- - 1 cup pumpkin spice morsels
- - 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- - Halloween sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Spread popcorn out on baking sheet, discarding any unpopped kernels.
- In a small saucepan, melt pumpkin spice morsels over low, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Drizzle melted pumpkin spice morsels over popcorn.
- Next, melt semi-sweet chocolate morsels over low, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Drizzle semi-sweet chocolate morsels over popcorn.
- Sprinkle Halloween sprinkles over melted chocolate and popcorn.
- Stick the baking sheet in the fridge until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Break bark into pieces to eat, or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
This is one of those savory-sweet snacks that I absolutely love! I used a low-fat butter popcorn for this, but something like kettle corn would work really well, too. If you’re one of those rare, few people I know that despises pumpkin spice anything, you can double the semi-sweet chocolate morsels or swap in another type of chocolate morsel instead.
Since you’ll probably end up with more candy than you’ll know what to do with this weekend, you can always make this popcorn bark again and mix in some chopped up candy bars! I can’t help but think that a chopped up Snickers bar would be so delicious in this! Chop the chocolate bar, then sprinkle it over the melted chocolate. Yum!