Friday night has been pizza night for us ever since my husband and I started dating. Whether we’ve picked up a few slices from a local pizza joint, had a pie delivered to our house, or made a homemade version, there’s been no question about what’s for dinner every Friday night! It’s easy to order a pizza over the phone or online, but it’s so much better when you make it yourself!
This time of year, my husband’s usually firing up our charcoal grill to make us individual-sized grilled pizzas. But what happens when it’s Friday night, the weather’s not fit for grilling, and you don’t want to shell out $20 for a large pie? I have a super simple solution with a really fun twist!
Every year, I get a free calendar from Betty Crocker and their Impossibly Easy Pizza Bake recipe was one of those recipes I just had to save! Instead of using Bisquick in this recipe (I have a strange aversion to Bisquick), I used refrigerated biscuits. Despite having to endure the fear of popping open one of those refrigerated biscuit containers (if you follow me on Snapchat, you’ve witnessed this fear firsthand), this recipe is super easy to make and still as delicious as a hot slice of pizza!
- 1 package refrigerated biscuit
- 1/2 cup crushed tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Pizza toppings: fresh herbs, pepperoni, olives, veggies, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375º and prepare a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press the refrigerated biscuits into the baking dish, flattening out the biscuits as you push them into the dish.
- Season biscuits with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then, pinch biscuits together so the bottom of the baking dish is covered.
- Spoon tomato sauce onto the biscuits and spread evenly, making sure to leave an edge.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve warm and pull apart!
This recipe is so easy to put together and is ready in less time than it takes delivery to arrive at your door! A pizza cutter isn’t necessary for this pizza. Just use your hands to pull apart a piece or use a spatula for less of a mess while serving. Serve with additional toppings or a salad for a complete meal! Enjoy!