Turn moist and delicious banana nut bread into a fun fall treat when you make it with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Last week I really, really wanted to bake. I searched my kitchen for ingredients and decided to use a couple bananas that I had saved to make a banana bread. But since it’s September, I turned my banana bread recipe into a pumpkin banana bread recipe! After all, it’s officially the season for pumpkin everything and I just happened to have two large cans of pumpkin puree on hand!
We love homemade banana bread and we also love pumpkin! So this recipe was a flavor mashup made in heaven for us! You can definitely taste that it’s a banana bread. But there’s an extra flavor factor in there that lets you know that you’ve just bitten into a delicious fall treat! Even if you’re not much of a pumpkin spice lover, you’d probably still enjoy this warm and cozy bread. The pumpkin flavor isn’t overwhelming at all.
Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
Like your average banana bread recipe, this recipe starts with the basics – butter, sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla, eggs, flour, and baking soda. But to turn this into a crazy good fall treat, I added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. It’s just enough to give this bread a nice hint of pumpkin and the pumpkin puree helps to keep this bread moist.
The walnuts were honestly a last minute decision that worked out really well! They seem to balance out the banana and pumpkin by adding nutty flavor and crunch.
This recipe makes a pretty big loaf. Give it as much time as it needs to bake (it should take about 60 minutes, or a little longer, depending on your oven). I promise that it’s worth the wait and the scent of it baking is better than any fall candle!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add vanilla, banana, and pumpkin puree. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Gradually add flour to the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Fold walnuts into the batter and pour into your greased loaf pan.
- Add more walnuts on top, if desired, and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Allow bread to cool before removing from loaf pan and slicing.
This pumpkin banana bread recipe goes best with fall mornings, cool evenings, pumpkin spice lattes, and hot cups of tea! Enjoy warm topped with butter or even a slather of pumpkin butter!
Did you make this Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER