This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyCookies
These Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate mashup of classic chocolate chip cookies and fall flavors with a “fresh from the oven” texture!
There’s nothing like a cool, fall day and the smell of something warm and sweet baking in the oven! Fall is the return of so many of my favorite things, including baking season and, of course, pumpkin season!
I love whipping up baked goodies in the fall, but I’m not the best baker in the world (I seriously have so much to learn from my mother, the ace baker in the family). I’m not horrible, but I haven’t found a recipe that I can absolutely nail. My baked goods are usually just a little “off.” My cakes are a touch too dry and my cookies always seem to be a little too dark on the bottom.
Well, I definitely did something right with this cookie recipe because I nailed it! These Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate fall cookie! Think: classic chocolate chip cookie with just the right amount of pumpkin goodness and a soft and chewy texture!
The recipe starts off like a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe – butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and all of that good stuff. But then the magic happens! I added in some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to give these cookies a dose of fall flavor.
But the real secret to making the chewiest, best-tasting chocolate chip cookies ever is using Karo® Corn Syrup! Up until now, I basically kept Karo® Corn Syrup on hand to use in my husband’s favorite Chocolate Pecan Pie. That’s all changed thanks to this cookie recipe!
When it comes to cookies, I prefer them soft and chewy instead of crispy. You’ll usually find me sneaking a few cookies from the baking sheets when they’re fresh out of the oven! Karo® Corn Syrup keeps cookies soft and chewy for that “fresh from the oven” flavor in every delicious bite! It’s a great ingredient to keep on hand for your fall recipes.
These cookies aren’t just a perfect mashup of chocolate chips and pumpkin. They’re a drop style cookie, so they’re super easy to make, too! Just mix up all of the ingredients, then drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheets, and bake until they’re fluffy and slightly golden!
- 4 oz. stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Then, add in the Karo® Corn Syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- Gradually add the flour into the mixture. Then, mix in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, or until they're puffed up and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes. Then, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Did you know that Karo® Corn Syrup is the leading corn syrup brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations? It’s now my favorite ingredient to sneak into cookie recipes for that perfect soft and chewy texture! Grab a bottle the next time you’re at the grocery store for all of your fall baking!
PIN FOR LATER