This Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cake is moist and delicious with just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor. It’s an easy dessert worthy of holiday celebrations!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Since the fall started, it’s become a Saturday ritual to put a simmer pot on the stove and spend my morning baking. So recently when I found myself with leftover ricotta cheese and pumpkin puree, I thought about the pistachio ricotta cake recipe that’s become a favorite.
I had to change things up a bit to create a pumpkin spice version – use a different pudding flavor, balance measurements to add and subtract ingredients, and make sure I used just enough pumpkin spice for the perfect fall flavor. In the end, this cake turned out to be quite the delicious autumnal dessert!
It doesn’t take much to put this cake together. It would make a delicious Thanksgiving dessert or end to your Christmas celebration. Just like the original recipe, this cake isn’t overly sweet. And this pumpkin version has just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cake
This easy pumpkin spice cake is a great way to use up that leftover pumpkin puree or ricotta cheese sitting in the fridge. Once baked, all it needs is a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top for a simple, but pretty touch.
To start this cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a springform pan with cooking spray. Then, whisk the flour, pudding mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, ricotta cheese, melted butter, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. At this time, we’re going to add the pumpkin spice, too. Stir everything together until combined. The cake batter will be thick.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake for about an hour.
The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake and the sides are golden brown. Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the pan.
Once the cake has cooled, it can be moved to a serving plate and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Cut into slices and serve.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - 3.4 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Whisk together flour, pudding mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, ricotta, butter, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Mix in the pumpkin spice.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and cake is set in the middle.
- Allow the cake the cool. Then, remove it from the springform pan.
- Once completely cool, sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve.
Like the pistachio version of this cake, I actually recommend making it a day ahead of time. It really does seem to taste even better the next day! Then, once you’re ready to serve, sprinkle powdered sugar on top. You could also add a dollop of cinnamon spiced whipped cream on top, as well.
Did you make this Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cake recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER