Last week I really, really wanted to bake. The ingredients I had on hand worked well for sweet loaves of bread. As I sifted through recipes, I decided to use three bananas I had saved in the freezer to make a banana bread. But I took it up a notch by adding yogurt. And not just any yogurt, PUMPKIN SPICE Greek Yogurt!
It’s the season for everything pumpkin and I was happy to come across this Pumpkin Spice flavored yogurt from Chobani. One for me, one for the bread! This yogurt is really delicious. It’s full of pumpkin spice with all the goodness of Greek yogurt. Perfect for baking! It made this bread so moist!
My sister came over the afternoon I made this. Still warm from the oven, we enjoyed a slice as an afternoon snack. It’s incredibly moist and has just enough pumpkin to fool you from remembering that it’s also half-banana bread!
Pumpkin Yogurt Banana Bread
Write a review
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 container Chobani Pumpkin Spice Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar using a mixer set to medium.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add vanilla, banana, and Greek yogurt, mixing well.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Set mixer to low and add flour to the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Optional: add 1 cup crushed walnuts to batter.
Living La Vida Holoka https://www.livinglavidaholoka.com/