This Red Berry Smoothie Bowl is a great start to the day! It’s made with raspberries, strawberries, banana, and coconut milk!
These gorgeous, red berries are high in antioxidants and low in fat and calories, making them a perfect food to start your day! Raspberries are also an excellent source of Vitamin-C, high in potassium, and may help boost metabolism. They’re a powerful, little berry!
I was recently introduced to smoothie bowls via my Instagram feed. After a search on how to make them, I decided to try one on a morning when I had no idea what I wanted for breakfast. I had some fresh raspberries on the kitchen table, plus some frozen berries in the freezer. I threw a smoothie bowl together, topped it with granola, coconut chips and more berries. It was kind of like eating ice cream for breakfast! But healthier!
- - 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and raspberries
- - 1 banana
- - Coconut milk
- - Toppings: fresh raspberries and strawberries, granola, roasted coconut chips
- In a blender, blend frozen strawberries and raspberries, adding a splash of coconut milk.
- Continue adding a little coconut milk at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and serve topped with fresh berries, roasted coconut chips and low fat granola.