The other night I decided to bake on a whim. So I told the boo that I would bake him something sweet for dessert. He asked me enthusiastically, “Chocolate chip cookies?” I said, “No.” Then he asked, “Double chocolate cookies?” Again I said, “No. But there will be chocolate in them!”
After some slight disappointment, we debated over whether or not chocolate chip was the best kind of cookie. Classic, maybe, but I told him that it definitely wasn’t. He then told me that “nothing beats chocolate chip.” But soon the scent of peanut butter and chocolate combining together in one delicious cookie wafted throughout the house and I could see the intrigue on his face. He said, “It smells like Reese’s.” I said, “Exactly!”
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies start off just like a chocolate chip cookie recipe with the usual combination of flour, sugars, butter, and eggs. In addition to those classic chocolate chip cookie ingredients, I added creamy peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces. Peanut butter lovers, you’re going to love these cookies!
When you mix the chocolate chip cookie base and peanut butter together, you get a gooey, chewy peanut butter infused cookie. But it gets even better with the addition of chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces.
As the cookies bake, the chocolate chips get melty. And like magic, the Reese’s stay crispy on the outside, but the peanut butter melts down on the inside. If you’re like me and like cookies fresh from the oven, you’ll definitely want to grab a few of these right from the cookie sheet!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one-by-one.
- Then, add the peanut butter
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Then, stir in the chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
- Drop cookie dough in spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.